1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Walmart Mega-Thread

308K views 2K replies 726 participants last post by  timtheteacher 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is now the place to post about Walmart and ammo. Love it or hate it, we get a new thread about Walmart just about every day. I had been moving some of them to the Ammo Shortage sticky, but it's somewhat cluttered with all the merged threads. So, all Walmart posts will go here from now on.

Found ammo at Walmart? Post about it here. Didn't find any ammo at Walmart? Post about it here too.
-2TA

----------------------------------------------------
I went to Walmart tonight. Went straight to the sporting good and there was a cart full of ammo. There was at least three large cardboard boxes full of WWB .45 FMJ at 29.96 per 100. I bought two boxes and left alot for the next guy.

There were at least 3 boxes of .38 special and 3-9mm. All appeared to be WWB Target ammo.

There was also at least one box of .40 S&W but I think I saw about 3 more large cardboard boxes of the .40.

Come get it if you need it.

lunyou

See less See more
#319 ·
Went to Walmart in Port Orchard WA today the had tons of 9mm in all forms. I picked up 2 boxes of Federal at $9.97/box. They had two Rem umc .45 250round packs at $84.97 so I had to take those home. The whole ammo case was almost full except for the .45.

#320 ·
The Walmart on K7 in Olathe, KS received some Federal 230gr FMJ .45ACP today. I purchased two boxes for under $16 each. The selection of 9mm and .40S&W is amazing. They also had .25, .32, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and more. For you long gun aficionados they had quite a bit of .223, 30-30, .30 Carbine, and .308 as well.

#321 ·
The Walmart on K7 in Olathe, KS received some Federal 230gr FMJ .45ACP today. I purchased two boxes for under $16 each. The selection of 9mm and .40S&W is amazing. They also had .25, .32, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and more. For you long gun aficionados they had quite a bit of .223, 30-30, .30 Carbine, and .308 as well.
What brand of .30 Carbine and what was the price?

#322 ·
Just stopped by Walmart Store 1503 outside Dayton OH today, alot of ammo for everything BUT .45 of course.

Just as I was about to leave the counter the restock guy rolls up with a shopping cart full of ammo. Ask him if he had any .45 in the stack, he pulled 1 box of Remington 230gr. FMJ for $19.95 out of the whole damn cart. I bought it and ran of course.

Wish .45 was not so damn hard to find in good, reliable and relatively inexpensive supply around here.

#325 ·
Walmart in my area re-opened after being closed for a while for remodeling, and...they're not selling ammo any more! Not just out -- just simply not selling. Dunno why. What's the (Wally)World coming to, anyway??!!

Regards....

#331 ·
my walmart had lots of ammo yesterday, but still no .45. They did have a 100 box of Remington 38 special +P for $29.97 that I probably should have bought. I asked the manager the other day and he said he had ONE BOX of 45 ammo coming in on the 4pm truck, if I was around about 5 I might be able to snag it...

#332 ·
I saw .45 being loaded on the self at Wal-Mart here in Greensboro, NC. I stopped dead in my tracks; the wife thought I was having a second stroke. Needs to say we got all 6 boxes of ww 100 packs for 32.97ea.

#333 ·
Ammo shortage coming to an end? Walmart!

Stopped in at the local Walmart, preparing to be disappointed, much to my surprise, a good supply, of .45, 9mm, .40 .375, .44 magnum!!

Many white box 100's 9mm and Remington 250 . 45 acp packs for $85!

Shocking! The most ammo i've seen at Walmart for months!! :rock:

Anyone else seen supply improving??

#334 ·
Stopped in at the local Walmart, preparing to be disappointed, much to my surprise, a good supply, of .45, 9mm, .40 .375, .44 magnum!!

Many white box 100's 9mm and Remington 250 . 45 acp packs for $85!

Shocking! The most ammo i've seen at Walmart for months!! :rock:

Anyone else seen supply improving??
I have seen .38, 9mm, .40, but very little .45. I did get 4 White box value packs 3 weeks ago in .45, but I have not seen any since then.

#338 ·
Compared to everyone else in the retail world, Wal-mart has been very reasonable on their pricing. The price of metals increased pretty dramatically prior to the great ammo drought of 2009...of course the supply and demand factor really exacerbated the problem.

We dashed into a Wal-mart last night in Mesa, and although that store is usually pretty slim pickins' there were several calibers on the shelf that I hadn't seen at that location for some time.

#339 ·
Our wallyworld hasn't had a rifle or pistol primer large or small, or a round of .45 of any kind for 8 months. They finally got some .40 and 9mm white box but prices are still high.

#340 · (Edited)
Now you see them and now you dont.

I saw a several boxes, most all types and brands of handgun calibers mid last week. It appears that the shelves would almost collapsed. I was static and finally thought that the ammo drought is almost over. I came by yesterday to purchase a 333 Winchester, some Federal 9mm and WWB 45 planning to spend time at the range this weekend. They were all gone! What's left are the PDX and RWS expensive brands that's half the stock from last week. I should have just used my CC to buy some ammo last week and not waited for my paycheck. Actually, this is the second time this happened to me. I won't resist next time...

#341 ·
Now you see them and now you dont.

I saw a several boxes, most all types and brands of handgun calibers mid last week. It appears that the shelves would almost collapsed. I was static and finally thought that the ammo drought is almost over. I came by yesterday to purchase a box of 333 Winchester, couple of Federal 9mm and WWB 45 planning to spend some time at the range this weekend. They were all gone! What's left are the PDX and RWS expensive brands that's half the stock from last week. I should have just used my CC to buy some ammo last week and not waited for my paycheck. Actually, this is the second time this happened to me. I won't resist next time...
I has been my experience that if you see it you better buy it right then. Don't even to shopping in the store. If you come back 10 minutes later it may all be gone.

#349 ·
only one box of 50-JHP@$30...in my posession now.
they had ball too, but I have enough of that right now.
Personnel behind the counter=clueless
If you don't see it in the case, they aren't going to look for it...
In the case is funny... I Live in the hood Wally World. All ammo is locked in the back out of sight. You have to ask if they have your favorite and then the clerk will bring it out one box at a time.:biglaugh:

#351 ·
My local WallyWorld finally showed signs of life!!!!

Got 5 boxes of WWB 9 mm Lug 100 ct.... if only they had .45... I needed the .45 for this Sunday's IDPA match!

Also got my hands on a box of 333 .22 long. $11.47. Not bad :)

My local store is limiting purchases to 6 boxes per person per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.