1911Forum banner

New York Reload with pics.

5K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  1911edc 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It's never a bad idea to carry two guns anyhow,one could always lose one in a struggle or just drop one. (and I don't mean a drop gun). I worked in a rougher bar for several years and sometimes carried a sp101 in .357 and a Charter Arms .38. Closing up at night I'd put one in each back pocket and slip a untucked shirt on.

#12 ·
Careful carrying that one on your ankle on days when lots of walking will be taking place. The added weight on one leg and not the other will cause hip and knee problems as you age.

There's an easy solution for this though, double ankle holsters for the Chicago reload(2 bug's).

#13 ·
WHAT? (Dave Chappel accent here) :eek:

I guess I'd better find another snubbie and buy another Ankle Glove. :)

#14 ·
Carrying in a vehicle....

In my home state of FL, when a gun is in a vehicle, it must not be readily accessible unless you have a concealed weapons permit.

I often carry a .38 super Commander in an OWB holster with a one size larger than normal golf shirt to easily conceal the weapon. When driving in my car, the shirt is tucked behind the gun holster, allowing easy access to draw the gun, even with the seat belt fastened. I also have a G-19 in the driver door panel in an unzippered gun rug, for easy access during those times when I may not have a gun concealed on my person. It is also my back up gun if the "stuff hits the fan":)

#17 ·
Carrying two wheel guns.....

There is nothing wrong with carrying two revolvers, however there are trade offs.....

For me, I don't mind carrying a heavier all steel Commander, compared to a smaller and lighter revolver. I shot revolvers for many years, and even competed using a Ruger Blackhawk .44 mag in metallic silhouette competition.
However, using hot self defense loads in a snub nosed revolver produces an excessive amount of muzzle lift for my tastes.....I can shoot faster controlled pairs with better accuracy using a Commander length gun with a muzzle energy of roughly 450+ ft. lbs.

I am not sure, but my all steel Commander with one extra 10 round mag may be lighter than two all steel snub nosed revolvers..... I have worked on my reload speed for many years, and could probably reload as fast or faster than a person that has to ditch one revolver than take a gun out of an ankle holster and fire a round...... To each their own....but either way, two revolvers or one good semi auto, are both good for self defense....just a matter of preference!:rock:

#18 ·
Only thing is Rwehavinfunyet, is that you wouldn't be carrying a 1911 of any kind where I carry the NYR unless it fit nicely into a pocket or you left it out in the car. I went with this setup because I work at a "stop and rob," not because I am a wheel gun guy.

I think management is pretty pro-gun and I wouldn't be surprised if he and others carried but I'm not planning on telling them unless specifically asked or a bad guy does something bad and I must use one or both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.