1911Forum banner

Griffon 1911 Combat

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mel1956 
#1 ·
Does Anyone Know Who Is Stocking And Selling The Griffon 1911 A-1 Combat 45acp?????

#3 ·
When they first hit the market an FFL I do business with had them for $364. He no longer handles them. At the last show I saw one for $647. I would have bought one from my FFL if the slide wasn't so drug store cowboy.

#4 ·
Griffon

Last I saw one was on either gunbroker, gunsamerica or auctionarms, periodically appearing.

Prices were between 300-400, like stated before (that was almost a year ago when I was looking for a friend - he ended up getting a SAM and has been pretty happy with that).

I second the motion on the slide being ported, I suppose you could then port the barrel if so desired. I never saw one up close, but it seemed like a good pistol for the price, liked the commander size for carry, but never knew anyone who had one to see if they held up to use.

#5 ·
I have one. I'll have to dig out my range bag and take a look at it. It's been at least a year since I shot it. I got it from the guy in Fort Worth TX that was importing them. He only a couple left and said no more were going to be made or imported at the time. Glad I got it.

I'm working on finishing my d-i-y 1911a1 with fac compensated barrel, old safari arms aluminium frame, remington rand slide and bunches of other stuff from brownells. It's at the gunsmith's getting refinished in od green (brownells gun kote) & sights put on (lpa adjustable cheapies). Next project is the 1911 10mm on a safari stainless frame and sti slide (in the white). Thinking of a nowlin drop-in 10mm barrel for this project (and a 40s&W to keep it company).

Mel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.