1911Forum banner

Would you like American, or Swiss?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  SVTNate 
#1 ·
I prefer both. I think they complement each other in many ways.

Special Forces Light Rail, photographed stock before it goes back to Ed Brown next week for black-Stealth Grey 2-tone paint and custom "stuff".

Panerai 312. 1950 case, 44mm, sandwich dial, display back, Calibre 9000 in-house automatic movement.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. Tossed 'em both on my bathroom counter and grabbed my iPhone 4.

Any modern cell phone can take decent pics with enough ambient light. What makes a big difference is editing software. I use Apple's Aperture 3 software to adjust exposure, shadows, highlights, sharpen the picture, etc.

To take sharp, properly exposed pictures under a bathroom light with no sunlight would require better hardware than a cell phone, so I make do by editing the pictures before posting them :)

#5 ·
LOL! Yes you have.

Honestly, my pictures are poorly processed. I don't really know what I'm doing, I just sort of fumble through it. They still have a yellow tint to them (the counter and the watch especially), but they're a big improvement. Someone more skilled with Aperture 3 than myself could make them look better.

The iPhone will take much nicer pictures outdoors, with plenty of natural light. Less need for processing them with software that way.

#9 ·
My first car was a '99 SVT Contour. Long, long gone. I just keep the S/N for uniformity. I drive a '10 370Z every day.

Strap on the Panerai is from Greg Stevens Design. Great straps, he makes his own Pre-Vendome style buckles, and if you catch a sale 2 straps costs less than one of the OEM straps (without even thinking about an OEM buckle or clasp!)

The watch comes with rubber dive strap and black croc strap with white stitching and tang buckle. Panerai's quick-release system makes swapping straps super easy. I think most Panerai watches after 2008 have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.