1911Forum banner

M1 Carbine

986 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hawk 3/21 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I have a Universal M1 Carbine that was purchased a long while back that sit's in the safe and collects dust. I want to modernize it a little bit because it is a very fun gun to shoot but I am looking for suggestions. I would just sell it but from my research the Universal Carbines don't fetch much on the market. I was thinking about making into almost a scout gun, something for a "bump in the night" situation. Basically taking the old platform and making it somewhat tactical. Ultimak makes a rail system that looks good but they say it won't fit Universal models. So whats you opinions or suggestions on my new project?

#2 ·
Is it 100% reliable with soft point ammo? If so I'd just find a folding stock for it and call it good.

#3 ·
You can likely Mall Ninja that thing to death.

If you want to. But I am with dsk. Keep it simple. It will likely work fine as a "bump in the night" gun just the way it is as long as it is reliable.

#4 ·
Great Carbine

You definitly have a great house gun just the way it is.

The stock is a good length inside the house. I haven't used any others that offer any advantages over the originals.

I'm biased, I still believe surprise is our biggest advantage. Flashlights and lasers just announce your position.

The only thing I would even consider is a small scout mounted red dot to speed target acquisition for old eyes.

At twenty feet the ballistics are impressive and having a 30 round magazines in your pocket for backup is very reassuring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.