1911Forum banner

Best 1911 - yes that old question again

40K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  mikeg1005 
#1 · (Edited)
My apologies up front for asking what is sure to be a really tired question. I am new to 1911Forums, but I did do a search first. Most seemed to be concerned with keeping the cost down, I am not. I have many 1911's but don't know what is currently considered tops. I want the best 1911 I can get that is single stack and production or semi-production but not a custom build from a small shop. Must group 1" @ 25yards or better. I was thinking at the top of the line Les Baer or perhaps a Wilson CQB. Asking on the brand boards is sure to get a much more biased opinion. I know LB's are tight. I realize Wilsons may use MIM parts and may be overpriced. Those kinds of things are not that important to me as long as they function and don't break. I want high accuracy but still be reliable. I like ramped barrels. Funky bushings or bushingless is okay. I like frills and nice finishes. I also like the accessory rail. Customer service is not that big a factor in this decision. I can afford to wait for long periods as I am a very patient man (not by choice). I already have Colt's and Kimbers. I have tried Springfields and have read about the S&W and Sig1911. I don't want to just throw money down the drain, but I am not unwilling to spend $1500-$3000 as I expect this to be my top 1911. What is the tops right now. Are there any new kids on the block to look into?

#30 ·
Well if it were SS or already finished, I wouldn't change anything. However, Blued would not last long with me, though I find blueing attractive. I would be afraid that refinishing such an accurate gun could cause problems with tolerances such as on the rails.

I think I am going CQB.

#31 ·
SVI-there is no other...they are the best. and they will build exacly what YOU want with YOUR options

#32 ·
the best? brother are you asking for it!!

asking that question here and a lot of othe sites,is like being stampeded over by elephants.ive asked the same question,hard to get three people to agree on one make,i just bought a kimber cdp pro despite all the na sayers,shoots GREATand no problems,throw the dice brother its a crap shoot!! good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.