1911Forum banner

Anyone Else like the Battle Bronze

11K views 61 replies 40 participants last post by  charlie-6 
#1 · (Edited)
Just recevied the newsletter from EB.
Offering the Special Forces in Battle Bronze Edition.
I think it looks good.
Anyone like it?

Ed Brown Products introduces the
Special Forces Battle Bronze edition
Built for performance and extreme use, the Special Forces is now available in a new color scheme: Battle Bronze. The Special Forces series pistol has everything you need for serious performance. Our Chainlink III grip treatment provides a unique cosmetic appearance, and maintains a secure grip without being too aggressive. The Battle Bronze version features our new Gen4 Battle Bronze coating on the lower, black Gen4 coated slide, trigger and bushing, and black G10 grips.
The ultimate combat 1911 can now be ordered in this hot new color! Call to order yours today!

http://www.edbrown.com/specialforces.htm

See less See more
#37 ·
Bronze looks good, so does stealth gray.. Anyone else see the dark gray that Christensen Arms uses on theirs? That's a nice color.

#38 · (Edited)
I am playing with the thought of sending a stainless Brown back for Gen 4. Possibly for their default bronze/black two-tone, or maybe bronze/stealth?

Would probably need to go with G10 grips, though. Can't imagine wood, or ivory, or mammoth, quite working with a bronze frame - any thoughts?

Just picked up a non-1911 9mm in Flat Dark Earth. Kinda "bronzy" (but NOT the same).

Too many black guns, too many stainless ... getting boring. ;)

#43 ·
Seriously? If I recall you have a fine SF Rail with lots of use and frankly sir, some really, really cool wear & tear... Now I don't know you from Adam, but didn't think you were a Bronze guy. :)

I too would like to see pictures when you get-r-done, but do us a favor and post before and after pics when you do.

#48 ·
Just scrutinizing the pics on the EB website, looks like the battle bronze has a little more sheen than the Black Gen4--which would make sense due to the metallic pigments in the bronze.

My question is: Do you guys think a blued carbon steel slide would look good with a bronze frame? Since a blued slide has a little more sheen than a Gen4 slide, I thought it might compliment a bronze colored frame better. Thoughts?

Of course, the downside is the eventual uneven wear since the blued slide will probably wear faster than the Gen4 frame.

#50 ·
The color is OK, I guess. However, if I ever have a gun refinished again, it will not be with a coating. I'm going with Melonite or Hard Hat. I want durable more than pretty. Gen III has proven that it's OK as long as you don't really put your gun through a tough environment. Just OK isn't working for me.

I'll admit that I'm intrigued to see if Gen4 is more durable, but I'm not spending $400 to test it.

#51 ·
OK I am sold. I had put an order in through Jerry Hammond a couple of weeks ago for a Exec Elite with a black slide and stainless frame. Well I just contacted him and he is putting in a change for me for the Bronze Package. Somebody in this post stated that they have blue guns, stainless guns but this is different. Well I agree and am going for it. Pictures after receipt.

#61 ·
Pretty in pictures, but I'm not a fan of painted guns. I'll stick with my stainless Browns and in many years time, if I want them pristine again, simply run them through a bead blaster. I've seen horrible wear on spray and bake guns, not simply normal holster wear (which you don't have to worry about with a stainless) but whole areas wearing down quickly and unevenly. Not this particular finish, because I've never even seen one. But can't imagine it would be any different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.