1911Forum banner

Colt Combat Government

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Justified1911 
#1 ·
I just purchased this beauty. I cannot wait until it arrives!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations in advance. :cool:

#5 · (Edited)
Nice score They are falling out the woodwork. I just picked one up a month ago and missed out on one in october. Get those factory wraparounds off and some nice panels on there to show off the factory gold cup style serrations on the front grip. Anybody ever get a good idea on total production of these ? I paid $1k for mine and that was here in california. I didn't even flinch at that price, whipped out the wallet to hold it and start paperwork

#8 ·
It came from the factory with those pachmayrs. But underneath is factory front strap serrations. Why colt would cover those up who knows. Also factory lowered and flared port , mag well bevel and taller sights. It was their 1st attempt at a factory ready combat gun as back then those were the hot mods guys were doing. Only this gun came out in 82 and in 83 the series 80 started. So who knows made it out of the factory. And it cost more than the series 70 standard sitting next to it at the LGS. So buy a combat gov or buy a standard gov model and have money left over for a Hall and Oats tape...

#10 ·
It appears to be all factory original, and in great shape to boot.

#12 ·
My 3 bone stock Series 80 Combat Governments

My Series 70 Combat Government that I purchased as stock around 1986, then had a little custom work done by Bob Cogan at Accurate Plating and Weaponry.

That same Series 70 CGM after making a trip to Arizona and getting a facelift from Jason Burton

#23 ·
I have a set of those Colt factory Pach. grips that I got with some other grips a while back. Always wondered what factory gun they came with. I'd sell them if anybody wants em. I tried 'em on my newer Combat Elite XSE and LW Cmdr, but they just didn't suit my taste. They need to go to a guy who has the pistol but lacks the proper grips. Let me know if anybody wants to buy 'em.

Great looking guns, men.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.