1911Forum banner

Extractor broke on new gun

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jld1965 
#1 ·
I purchased a new Kimber Raptor Pro II two weeks ago. The first 150 bullets went through great. I had constant jam and ejection problems the second time at the range. My range time was cut short when the external extractor broke. I fired approximately 70 bullets half of which jammed.

I read the 1911 forum before purchasing and even spoke to Kimber about extractor problems. I was assured that all the negative comments was exagerated. I am very dissatisfied with this gun and now wish I purchased the S&W PD1911. Has anybody else had this experience. Could the problem be the design of the external extractor? Should I ask Kimber to replace the slide with an internal extractor?

Jeff

#2 ·
You should call Kimber, send the gun back and let them decide how to fix it. Since they aren't making the Raptor with the EE anymore, the chances are they will replace the slide with one cut for the internal extractor.

The surest way to get a rude response on the phone is to tell the manufacturer (or for real fun, one of the semi-custom builders who put their name on a gun) how to fix the gun. Let the professionals do their job.

#4 ·
The wait depends on the production schedule for slides. You can't compare someone else's experiences unless you are waiting for the same slide and they were sent in at the same time. There have been posts here where slides were replaced and sent in less than 2 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.