1911Forum banner

My 1st 1911

5K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  WaXD45 
#1 ·
Here she is my Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry with the traditional slide. Ive wanted one of these since their announcement and made two trips to the Sig Academy trying to get one but they are always out of stock. My gun dealer said he was told it was discontinued so I ordered it from Osage off GB. I like their 2 day shipping.

Ok well I was a little unhappy that I got the hourglass trigger this 1911 was made 13MAY13. Do you think Sig would swap in the old trigger for me? How hard is it to swap out these triggers?

Ill upload some more pics of it but Im sure you've all seen these a thousand times.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good looking Sig and congratulations. If you just plain don't like the trigger I understand, but I would shoot it first to verify function.

Not that you're going to have problems, but give it a run with a few rounds. If it proves reliable and you still don't like the trigger, swap it out then. Just my opinion.

Hope you enjoy.

#5 ·
"Ill upload some more pics of it but Im sure you've all seen these a thousand times."
Sure, but this one is yours. Congratulations on your new 1911, I was this close...lol

Agree you should give it a go but these are like anything else, customizing and accessorizing is part of the appeal. A question unasked is a question unanswered so as someone else suggested put a call into Sig.

Let the fun begin.

#6 · (Edited)
Nice Gun!! I just bought a Sig Scorpion and replaced the trigger myself with a Wilson combat. It does take some fitting and if you have the tools and patients you can do it yourself. Best of luck!!. I have attached my trigger job. the gun shoots spot on and I shoot both factory and reloads. The flat trigger is the stock trigger and the Black Wilson Combat is the replacement

Attachments

#8 ·
Just got back from the range. I almost forgot how much fun shooting is after taking a good 8 months off! I shot a 8rd mag of 230gr Hydra Shok & 62rds of 230gr fmj WWB. The sights are spot on, the trigger is amazing & the front grip checkering really helps me hold onto the pistol. Ive owned a P226 tacops (loved it and almost bought another but I love the .45acp more) and a P220 dark Elite TB which sucked up the recoil like a baja trophy truck. I mention that because this 1911 has probably twice the recoil felt which makes if funner to shoot but Im really going to have to work on controlling it.

I made a video and I'm editing it now. Ill post a link to it in another thread in about an hour or so.

#14 ·
It's an all authentic WW1 M1911 manuf. in 1917. I have the name of the soldier that carried it on the front line in France.
I love shooting it, sounds crazy but I can feel the history when she is shot!!!
If she could only tell me what she saw .........
That is quite nice to have a handgun like that!

My wife's first pistol was a Sig. I have always thought you couldn't go wrong with a Sig. The trigger looks a little different... not sure I like the looks of it either, but I would take function over looks. I am sure a local gunsmith could swap that out so you didn't have to deal with shipping it.

#17 ·
Ok well I was a little unhappy that I got the hourglass trigger this 1911 was made 13MAY13. Do you think Sig would swap in the old trigger for me? How hard is it to swap out these triggers?

I'd shoot it awhile, then send it off to Sig for their Enhancement Package. They do a trigger job as part of that, so you could buy the particular one that fits your fancy--I like your trigger myself.

#18 ·
Needs some Red.

Good Luck with your new acquisition. That is a unique trigger. I'll tell you what I would do. Think about this. Having the trigger( I'm assuming it is aluminum) anodized Red. It would give it a Black Widow look. Elegant but deadly. Just think about it, it would get attention at the range and give it a One-of-a-Kind look.
Again, nice gun. Congrats!

#20 ·
My first two - top one Colt Series 70 - original - made in 1970 and bottom one a "repro" made in about 2003 - low serial number -

They're pretty fussy, though - if they don't get shot every week, they seem to get less accurate -

#21 ·
Ok well I was a little unhappy that I got the hourglass trigger this 1911 was made 13MAY13. Do you think Sig would swap in the old trigger for me?
I too am not a fan of that style. We did a run of Commemorative 1911 Nightmare Carry for my Unit that is deployed and all the guys were bummed when we found out the three triangle trigger was dropped. I specifically asked the Sig rep about them and this was his reply;
"I wish we could bring that back, we actually looked to see if it was possible for your order but they are being phased out." But the Trad Nightmare looks great, shoot the snot out of it and get it dialed in. Then get a trigger job if you want to pimp it out some more.

#23 ·

They may but will most likely want you to send it to them so they can change it out at the factory.

#24 ·
That trigger is a little different, but it doesn't bother me at all. I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. Unless you really know what you're doing, I would not try to swap out that trigger yourself. You don't want to take a chance on screwing up your new investment.

#25 ·
Nice. I second the motion of sending it back the Sig shop for a trigger job and replacement, if that is what you really like. I have a Sig 1911 XO and sent it back for the trigger job. The weapon is far more capable than I am, and far more reliable as well. (Ask my wife!:) Aesthetics are important. I understand that. The only change I made to my XO was the installation of walnut stocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.