1911Forum banner

Lever-action Pics

181K views 146 replies 92 participants last post by  fnfalman 
#1 · (Edited)
Can we get a sticky on lever-action photo pics? We have some for shotguns, bolt-action, AR/AK/FAL, but no love for the lever-action. I've mentioned this before but never started one (but until now I finally have my own!). Mods, would it be possible to sticky this thread?

I have seen many of y'all with your great rifles (whether they be 30-30s or .357/.44 Mag. Let's see what y'all got!

I'll start, here's my new to me Marlin 1894 SS I got last weekend at the gun show. Shoots .44 Mag and to me the recoil is negligible (at least compared to my .30-06). Hopefully I can add more to the collection in the near future.

Edit: thanks for making it a sticky!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Uberti 1873 Winchester replica in .357 Magnum:

]

Winchester 94 "1967 Canadian Centennial" in .30-30:

I've never shown pics of the Winchester 94 online before. It belonged to my father and was probably his favorite rifle.

Reactions: mikegc
#7 ·
Savage 99

My Savage 99F chambered in .300 Savage. Vintage 1961, only a year younger than me!
I don't know if the scope mounts were factory, but it was drilled for one.
It's extremely fun to shoot, little recoil and is accurate with stock sights and my eyes. :)

Cool feature with the round counter..

#10 ·
lever guns

Here is my 1894 Winchester and it's partner, Ruger Vaquero, both in .44 mag. These were my step into the 'modern' gun world from my many flintlock muzzleloaders. 100 year tech from 200 year tech. I've taken local deer with the rifle. The next step was my 'modern' 1911

Attachments

#14 ·
Came with it.

Like most of my guns I bought is used and they sights came with it. They seem to be Firesights. I prefer a peep sight and a gold bead front on my lever guns, but when I picked this gun up the sights on it just lined up perfectly mount after shoulder mount. I just can't bring myself to mess with that. Getting older and having less than stellar eyesight, I kind of appreciate such things.

I have the sling swivel kit ready to go. Eventually I'll get it slung

#18 ·
Eagles1911- Thanks. I eventually want to put a stainless big loop on it as my big hands occasionally pop the lever out of place while shooting... The sights were $70 on ebay (including tax and shipping) but I'm sure you can find them all over the internet by looking for "Williams Fiber Optic Ghost Ring Sight" or something to that affect. Definitely worth every penny. :)

#26 ·
been awhile since i have posted or been on the site. i was checking things out and thought i would play along too. so im not sure if im addicted, but i grew up around old guns like these. i like most guns, but somehow winchesters always draw my attention. from left to right. new winchester model 94 in 38-55, 9422 high grade unfired with the box, plain 9422, probably the best in my modest collection unfired in the box model 94 30-30 made in 1961, model 94 38-55 made 1909, model 94 25-35 made 1906 and last but not least model 92 25-20 made 1906

Attachments

#33 ·
marlin 336

sitting home wayyy to much time so i went to the pawn shop saw a 336 with a tassco scope they wanted way to much. so went to the lgs and saw a springer
fs asked would they trade for my citadel, trade even yesss!!! so hand him my chl he then in turn calls me in with wrong dl# and guess what ? im on hold.:bawling:, so then he sees its my chl and tries to cancel tooooo late.
so that fell through, so i go to cabellas and see a marlin 336 i still had the citadel
with me, they traded me for the 336 plus enough money for 1 bx of 30-30 and
a bx of.556!!!! and i still have 3 1911s left, i do love a lever gun to go with the ar

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.