1911Forum banner

Bolt Gun Pics

349K views 650 replies 260 participants last post by  Kent Dorfman 
#1 · (Edited)
Can we sticky a bolt gun picture thread? We've had a few good ones going in the past but they end up sliding down the food chain into oblivion. Shotty's, AR15's and M1's have one....how about some bolt gun love? :biglaugh:

Here is my only current bolt gun. Nothing special, just a No4 Mk1. I'm working towards a Remington 700 though.

See less See more
#152 ·
I only have two at the moment. A Mossberg 817 .17hmr with thumbhole stock and fold down foward grip:scratch: No glass on it at the moment but I plan on adding the centerpoint 4-12 scope they always seem to have at walmart for $60. I dont see myself anytime in the near future using it for anything but paper punching at fifty yards. No pictures of that one yet. However I am attaching a photo of my Rem. 700 SPS in .300 Win. Mag. It wears a one piece leupold base and rings and the glass is a Burris Fullfield II 4-12x44mm I believe with the BallisticPlex reticle. I baught it for the Moose hunt I will someday go on. I use the Remington Managed recoil Loads in it for Texas Whitetail. Im also including a picture of a Mosin Nagant Sporter I used to have. I have no clue what model it was. In hindsight I prolly should of kept that rifle. It shot Inch and half groups at fifty yards with the corrosive surplus ammo. I traded it for a rossi 461 or 941 .357Mag Snubnose:grumble:

Attachments

#155 ·
I had a day off this Sunday and headed to the range with a friend and his son. His son had never shot a 50 before so I brought my Barrett and my AI-X.

By the time the dust had settled we had fired about 30 rounds. Taking pics the whole time. With each shot the camera snapped 10 pictures. But the only way to grab a picture of the muzzle flash was a video grab. Somewhere among over 230 gns of Vhit 20N29 there is a rifle and shooter.

#159 ·
My R700 Milspec 5R

Here's my new "precision"/"hunting" rifle (just picked it up last month) :D ...

Remington 700 Milspec 5R

- Chambered in .308 Win
- 20 inch barrel (threaded)
- Leupold MkIV 20 MOA base
- NightForce 30mm Rings
- Optic: Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 (PST-416S1-A)
- Harris Bipod

What she's capable of after just 25 rounds at 100 yards (using pretty cheap Georgia Arms "factory re-loads", 150gr)...

All shots were take from a bench, using the bipod up front and sand bags in the rear. I still have to try out my 168gr Sierra Match Kings (groups should be even tighter, hoping for sub .5 MOA with that ammo) as well as my hunting ammo (polymer tipped 150gr) as well...

***break-in consisted of cleaning the barrel after each shot for the 1st five rounds using a bore-snake/Rem. Bore-Brite/Rem. Oil, then cleaning it once after every five shots (again using the bore-snake)for the next 15 rounds.***

-Neale

#165 ·
My Winchester Model 70 Classic Featherweight in .280 Remington, with a 3x9-40 Burris scope:

My Ruger M77 Mk II in my favorite caliber, .257 Roberts:

A 1967 M70 in 7mm Mag:

There are a few more in the mix but those are my faves :)

#169 · (Edited)
700 SPS tac(.308) Badger mount, leupold Quick release rings, Nikon 6-18X40 & 930 SPX

10 rounds 100 yards with cheap 147 grain FMJ

I generally shoot 5 round groups to make sure there is no fluke(6th round was from another shooter on my target). Best group to date. 155 A-max, RP brass, Minimum charge IMR-4895. This is with a bag on the rear and the bipod on the front, very calm day(no caffeine)

#171 ·

AICS 1.5 in OD green.
700 Short Action BluePrinted by Vandenberg Custom
Hart Heavy Varmint barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. by Matt Parry
Fluted bolt , bolt knob by MCR
Badger Bolt knob
Side Bolt stop/release installed by GAP
Cerakoate by GAP
Gretan firing pin Assembly
Timney Trigger #510 1.5-2lbs
Nightforce 20MOA base
Seekins low rings
Nightforce 3.5-15x50 F1 Mil/Mil
SKT Stock pack.
Atlas bipod w/ AICS spigot.
Tab Sling.
5 shots .3 MOA

#173 ·
This Husqvarna 243 has been in the family since new in 1963. Has the original Redfield scope.

Remington 700 SPS Tactical. Konus M30 scope, B&C stock, Harris BP, Wyatt's detach mag

#174 ·
I added a new rifle to the stable awhile back... 1984 model Browning BBR, chambered in .338 Win Mag. I just fished mounting a Leupold 3-9x40 on it, waiting for a chance to get it to the range and get it zeroed.