1911Forum banner

Bolt Gun Pics

349K views 650 replies 260 participants last post by  Kent Dorfman 
#1 · (Edited)
Can we sticky a bolt gun picture thread? We've had a few good ones going in the past but they end up sliding down the food chain into oblivion. Shotty's, AR15's and M1's have one....how about some bolt gun love? :biglaugh:

Here is my only current bolt gun. Nothing special, just a No4 Mk1. I'm working towards a Remington 700 though.

See less See more
#73 ·
Gunner75,

Just curious.... in your picture of your "work gun" with the dead cat, there are some shooting sticks .... what brand or home made?

#75 · (Edited)
Gunner75

Looks like you're right. The web site is down for the manufacturer. Most of the sites I found that carried them are dated too, most saying unavailable. If you happen to come upon current information I'd appreciate a PM.

THX

#77 ·
Lazarus, would you say that CZ 452 with the Mannlicher stock would make a decent gun to teach my daughter to shoot on? My criteria are .22 long rifle, and bolt action. I know it meets both those specs. The weight listed is 6.4 lbs. My daughter is almost 12 years old. I know it might be a bit on the large side for her to begin with but I'd rather she have a rifle to grow into than one she'll immediately grow out of. I'm torn between the CZ 452 FS and the CZ 452 "military training rifle". The are both beautiful rifles. But having never held one I'd just like to get an idea of how big they would be for a 12 year old.

#78 ·
Hello,
I would say it would make a great rifle. It's heavier because it's a full wood stock, and it might be too large for a 12 year old girl to start, but it's a very nice gun to shoot and it might be going out of production so it'd be nice to get one before that. Plus she'll eventually grow into it. It's a 21 inch barrel so it's larger than the scout, but if you get her one, you'll want to shoot it a lot too. It handles and shoots like a full sized gun.
Before I bought it, I asked at www.rimfirecentral.com - they have a lot of into on there.
Best of luck to you! :)
Jim

#79 ·
Thanks Jim, I appreciate the info! I saw on Bud's guns where someone mentioned CZ was no longer going to be offering the Mannlicher style stock. That's a shame, they look very classy. I might just have to get her that one. :biglaugh:

#80 · (Edited)
No problem! :) Before you pull the trigger on one, I read on rimfirecentral that there's a guy that helps you track down beautiful grain stocked guns. It's a walnut stock, and some look pretty plain. Mine is on the more plain side, but sometimes you find one that's absolutely stunning, with really pronounced grain.

I didn't use him cause I am in Canada and it would've been a lot of paperwork and hassle to get one across the border (not the mention the cost would drive the price of the gun up astronomically) but if you're looking for one that has an amazing grain pattern stock, it's worth holding out for him.
I could ask on rimfirecentral if you'd like, or if you join and go to the CZ forum, there are extremely knowledgeable people for that kind of thing.

Best of luck! :)

One more thing I'd like to mention about this gun...it comes with legitimately good sights. Some rimfire guns come with cheap factory sights, these ones are very good. The rear ladder has distance markers so you can slide it up or down, and the front one is adjustable with a little screw that can move up and down a ramp. Hope this helps.

#81 ·
The Stevens got a new barrel.

Specs are now:
Stevens 200 SA
Rifle Basix Sav-1 trigger
B&C Medalist
EGW 20MOA base
TPS low rings
16x SS
SSS bolt handle
Mcgowen 26" CM Bull barrel in 7mm-08, 1 in 8 twist and 11 degree crown

Bullet load out:

162 A-max
46.5gr H4350
308 winchestor brass resized to 7mm-08
Federal Match primer
2.905 OAL
~2700fps

100 yard group and bottom round was my fault:

#82 ·
Here's my FN produced Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in .30-06. I'm still debating on what scope to put on it. I have a nice old gloss blue Weaver V7 that would probably look right at home on the rifle. My main dilemma is my choice of bases and rings. Scoped rifles are relatively foreign to me since my main interest is in old iron-sighted milsurps. I think I would like dovetail bases front and back, but I don't want them to overhang the ejection port. I would be grateful to any suggestions you might have on the issue. I'm also open to other quality scopes that come in a gloss finish.

#92 ·
1915 Erfurt small ring mauser, Weaver K4 post reticle, Beuler mount & rings, Maple stock....257 Roberts.
Built up in the 50's, I got it at an estate sale, the owner's been gone 20 years, probably hadn't been fired since the 1960's.

#94 · (Edited)
Bolts plus "company" :rock:

1998 Savage 10FP 20" 308 / Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x50 Side Focus Long Range Tactical MilDot
1966 Winchester M70V 24" 243 / Bausch & Lomb Elite 4000 6-24x40 AO Multi-X
1995 Harrington & Richardson SB2 Ultra 22" 223 / Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 Tactical Mildot
1943 Remington 513T 27" 22LR / Redfield 75 Peep + Williams (Lyman 17A) Globe front
1957 Belgian Browning Superposed Grade 1 28" 12ga 2 3/4" modified over improved
2010 Mossberg Talo Watchdog-2 18.5" 12ga 3" cylinder / laser + light

#96 ·

Build specs in sig. You can see my groups in a post above.

#98 ·
My Remington 700 XCR Compact Tactical (.308) is finally done.:biglaugh::rock:

Badger Orndance M5 DBM
Badger Ordnance 20 MOA alloy base
Badger Ordnance alloy "standard" rings
McMillan A3 stock (marble; 60% light tan/ 30% dark tan/ 10% olive)
Super Sniper 3-9x42
Harris 6-9" notched bipod