1911Forum banner

Bolt Gun Pics

349K views 650 replies 260 participants last post by  Kent Dorfman 
#1 · (Edited)
Can we sticky a bolt gun picture thread? We've had a few good ones going in the past but they end up sliding down the food chain into oblivion. Shotty's, AR15's and M1's have one....how about some bolt gun love? :biglaugh:

Here is my only current bolt gun. Nothing special, just a No4 Mk1. I'm working towards a Remington 700 though.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
My Remington 700 in 22 Cheetah, stocked by Mike Conner. btw...I asked about the wood on this long ago when I bought it. I was told, in a very apologetic tone, that Mike stocked this for the field and that was the reason for the "very plain" wood. This one has accounted for over 1200 coyotes in it's career and still shoots well under 1/2 moa.

100 yards...

Another favorite of mine is this 98 Mauser I did some work on. Besides the stock and the turned downed bolt it was drilled and tapped for the scope mounts and shortened 2 inches and recrowned. With surplus ammo it will shoot 1 1/2 inches at 100 yards. I have both a 3 shot detachable Gibbs magazine for it as well as the 20 round trench magazine.

100 yards...

#15 · (Edited)
I do like bolt guns...

and semi autos too...and handguns...and shotguns...

Here is my modest assortment of bolt guns, starting with the WWI stuff:

1917 Oberndorf Gew98, rebuilt for WWII in Germany (not Turkish)
1916 BSA SHTle No1mkIII

Now the WWII stuff:

1943 Sako M39
1943 Maltby Enfield No4mkI
1943 BNZ K98

Now the modern one - a R700 mil-spec R5 with Larue base/rings and Sightron SIII scope (bolt knob converted by EGW)

#16 ·
I love my bolters, still. Not sure what happened to the first 5 pics I uploaded. Here they are again.

Attachments

#17 ·
I will play with my critter killer. Savage .17 HMR, I am obsessive about rimfires.

Here are 3 more rimfires in this pic. Marlin 925m on the left, Savage .17 on the right. Have 13 more rimfires in the safe. So far the ground hog tally is 3 for the 925m, and 8 for the 17 (3 taken at 200 yards, FMJ's still do a number to those) and countless ravens.

#19 ·
Here's some out in the field.

Remington 700 VSF .223
Very cool Richard! I was hoping you were going to post some pics, I always like seeing your pictures and guns. Didn't you have an Alaskan Ti clone? Or was I thinking of someone else? I remember seeing a great closeup shot of a bullet being loaded in the breach of an Alaskan Ti clone and I thought it was yours. That would be a cool pic to put up as well.

#281 ·
Faulkner, I have one of those unissued Lee-Enfield's as well - Bolt face and bore appear to be unfired (copper cutter bore cleaner showed zero signs of copper deposits when I first cleaned it)...Any Idea what the rifle in this "new" condition is worth? thanks in advance for your thoughts

#24 · (Edited)
Here's my Tactical Operations X-Ray 51 in 308 topped with a Schmidt and Bender PMII 4-16x50 sporting a Tac Ops 30 suppressor. My pride and joy. Well under .25 moa gun.

Here's a Remington 700 Tactical .308 with 20" Barrel topped with Bushnell Elite 6500 in a Bell & Carlson Stock. Solid .5 moa gun.

#26 ·
I was on GB early one morning and found this M700 Limited in 257 Roberts. I guess the guy needed some quick cash, I never seen another NIB that low since then. And probably never will again.

I pulled it out of the wood and put it into an HS stock, added a Ziess Diavari T scope, Talley rings and mounts, and took it to my hayfield to try it out.

I only had 67 yds clear to shoot that day- my pasture hadn't been cut. But you get the idea. 3 rds.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
Remington 700 Police

26" Parkerized Heavy Barrel (.308 Win)
40x Trigger Group
HS Precision Kevlar/Fiberglass stock
Full Receiver-length Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Bedding Block
Remingtom Custom Shop Finished
Verified 1/4 MOA Accuracy