1911Forum banner

Shotgun Pics

373K views 226 replies 164 participants last post by  tdyoung58 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Who's in? Everyone has one and if they dont....they need one.

#91 ·
Thanks for the kind words lazarus, much appreciated!

The shells are made of paper but I'm not sure what time frame they are from but definitely know it to be much later than when the gun was made. I picked those up at an auction many years ago for nothing more than decoration and the ammo box was picked up at an antique shop a few years ago for the same reason. Although not the intended reason when purchased, they tied in nicely together for the props in the photo. Everything else was his and that's a picture of him when he was 18 years old taken in 1898. The chain on the pocket watch was actually made by my great-grandfather who was a jeweler.

#110 ·
FYI: Installing the Speedfeed forend on the 982 is not quite a simple as you think. The slide arm assembly tube is slightly larger than the Remy (it will NOT drop-in). Had to use some 80 grit, elbow grease and patience to get enough out before re-installing on the Hawk. Still had to use some Rem-Oil and a non-marring hammer to tap the forend on the tube. No binding or feed issues, will be a bear to remove!!

#111 ·
I have a 982 as well - I fit the Magpul fore-end and ran into the same issue, but I got it tapped on with a rubber mallet. I slapped on a Choate extension (which was a bit long, so I cut it down with a pipe-cutter) - works nicely.

Pretty decent guns, the 982s - I ground down the front-sight blade to a nub small enough to fit into the cavity underneath an XS tritium Big Dot sight; it makes a nice upgrade.

I also found that the comb of the stock is way too low to get a decent cheek-weld while using the sights (very common issue when manufacturers add tall rifle-sights but keep the original stock), so I added an Accu-Riser comb raiser (Monte Carlo style); now it fits like a champ.

I dunno, maybe some thoughts for you there.

#115 ·
I have a few pics of some of my shotguns.

Original 1897 (made in 1916) next to my 97 Trenchgun repro:

My Vang Comp Rem 11-87 Police, Benelli M3S90 and my Rem 1100 in one of its various guises.

Newer picture showing my converted Saiga 12 ga resting on its 20 round drum mag, the Rem 1100 is its 3 gun configuration and the 97 trench with a sling