1911Forum banner

Shotgun Pics

373K views 226 replies 164 participants last post by  tdyoung58 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Who's in? Everyone has one and if they dont....they need one.

#61 ·
Winchecher 1300

This is the house gun. Does a good job and I have a 28" barrel and the regular synthetic stock for bird hunting. Also have my old S&W 916 12 ga pump that I got as a 8th grade graduation gift from my dad many many years ago. Need to get a picture and post it one day.

Attachments

#65 ·
Sorry for the crappy pic's but here is the before and after on my Saiga 12.
Lot's of good direction on-line to move the trigger group forward, where it belongs. I now need to re-profile and polish the bolt to get it to feed the low brass. Since the picture I've added a charging handle knob that looks great and feels better.

Attachments

#67 ·
My "Poor Man's Scattergun"...

Trying to get as close to what a Wilson Combat "Border Patrol" model looks like without the hefty pricetag ($1135 according to their website).

Started out with a used Remington 870 Magnum model (police issue) and then had the ejector spring replaced and the shotgun bead blasted and reblued for a matte finish. After that, I added a +2 extension (brand unknown), then later on added the VangComp Big Head safety, Mesa Tactical Sidesaddle and topped it off with a WIlson Combat Mag tube follower, Sling plate and Trak-Lock sights with Tritium inserts.

Next thing I want to do is have the shotgun Cerakoted in FDE, that should be the end of it, since there's not much else that you can do to improve on her.

#75 ·
In my opinion your gun is far superior to a Scattergun/ Wilson Combat. Theirs sure look pretty, but they are based on the Remington 870 Express model. Your 870 Police is superior where it counts, and you have added a lot of the same features on top of a superior base gun. I'd take yours in a heartbeat over a Scattergun Technologies shotty.

#73 ·
Here's mine

Just picked it up last night, sorry for the cell phone pics. $300 on Gunbroker. Mossberg 590 with 18.5" barrel & bayonet lug. Before & after new stock added. The stock is a Pheonix adjustable stock, very solid & no gap between the trigger guard & grip, also came with a 5 round saddle.

Attachments

#80 ·
You can't ban awesome:

Saiga IZ-109 (922r compliant)
DPH arms gas plug
CSS G2 Performance Puc
UTG Rail
Magpul AFG2
CSS Buckshot Shroud
G2 Trigger group w/ JTE Hammer spring & CSS Trigger Guard
ATI Pistol Grip
Phoenix Technologies Kicklite Stock
Midwest Industries Scope mount
Trijicon RX30A-51 reflex sight

#82 ·
1967 Ithaca Deerslayer

This was my dad's deer gun, he gave it to me maybe 15 or so years ago.

#86 ·
This was my dad's deer gun, he gave it to me maybe 15 or so years ago.

Love those old Ithaca 37s. Like the old Win M12 they can also be slam fired. :D But, what's really nice is they are light and handle well. I sometimes carried a 12 gauge with riot barrel loaded with bear loads slug down on my off shoulder. One of the CPTs new into AK bought it and kept it in the camper or in the canoe for bear when he went out with the family.

#83 ·
Just got this...and already loaded it up with goodies. Not intended as a HD gun...just a companion to my AR's bought while I still can. Benelli Supernova with Mesa Tactical Stock, Benelli factory 2 shot extension, top rail from EGW, swivels from Damage Industries, and Surefire / sling mount from CDM Gear. Primary Arms Micro on Ultra-low American Defense mount may or may not be temporary.

#87 · (Edited)
Guys,

I finally got around to taking a couple of pics of my HD Mossberg SG's. One is a Mariner, the other a 500 Persuader. Some of the 500's come blued, but this one is parkerized, which I like better. I also put a couple of pics of my SA M-1A's on the Rifle pic thread if anyone wants to check them out.

Forgive the poor camera work. Thank God I am a better shot with the guns than the camera!

I am going to put slings and side mount shell holders for extra shells on both.

Sincerely,

PastorDW