1911Forum banner

L1a1

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  AndyC 
#1 ·
I just finished Cerakoting a L1A1. I know the reciver in a Argentina and the upper is a Enfield. I would like to know some info on the lower here is whats on it. Left side is FSL 7.62X51mm LSR 308 I know that is the cal. And the right side is FMAP DM ROSARIO INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA. I have had the rifle since 1984 traded a Model 1917 Enfield. Here is a pic. Please over look the scope and a mess on my work bench. This is what happens when you put Miracle-Gro on a AR. LOL

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you sure it is the lower you are reading? Those are the markings of an Argentine upper receiver. The upper is the serial numbered part of a FAL. It looks like everything forward of the receiver is a British L1A1 parts set. The lower appears to be British L1A1 also. There should be the British broadhead stamp on most of those parts, an inverted 'V' with a vertical line in the middle.

Is the charging handle a round knob or does it fold? If it folds, does it fold flat or get hung up on a nub on the receiver, keeping it from being flush?

It was somewhat common for them to be built that way in the late 80's and early 90's. I didn't know they started doing it that early, though, but that was before I got heavily into guns.

Bitter Bastard

#8 ·
^ exactly.

FYI a 'inch' magazine can be used in either rifle. But a 'metric' magazine can only be used in a 'metric' rifle. Argentinians found out the hard way back in 1982. The Falklands War is the only time the L1A1 and the FN FAL has been used on both sides in a conflict.

#9 ·
Um, it's actually the other way round Che :)

An Inch mag will only seat in an Inch receiver. The lug is way to big to fit in a Metric receiver. A Metric mag will fit in an Inch receiver but the fit will be less than stellar and the magazine will have some side to side movement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.