1911Forum banner

Shotgun Pics

373K views 226 replies 164 participants last post by  tdyoung58 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Who's in? Everyone has one and if they dont....they need one.

This post has been deleted
#123 ·
Remington Wing Master bought new in 1967, still looks good. 12ga. 28" modified vent rib barrel.

My two Ithaca 37's. A 1953 12 ga. field grade, 30" full choke and my 1983 Magnum field grade 12 ga. 30" vent rib full choke. Best pointing shotguns I've ever held!

1983 Ithaca '37 with Deer Slayer smoothbore barrel and target showing the accuracy of my "buck and ball" loads at 30yds. .69 round ball and 3 buckshot, my home defense load.

#129 ·
No heatshield, went with the breacher. a little mall ninja but looks great on her.

working around the Flex is tougher than i thought. don't regret it, just cancels out a lot of aftermarket options out there,

spector shell carrier connected to Magpul MS3 sling to gg&g sling mount.

going to finish her with an inforce light and she's good to go.

Attachments

#132 ·
Here's the picture

Attachments

#134 ·
Scatterguns certainly have their place.

I have some old and some new. The old ones certainly have an undeniable charm. My model 12 in like new condition is some of the best machining that I have ever seen. And the Winchester model 97 takedowns have a certain old school charm to them, as do my numerous double barreled guns. I have a couple of 18.5 inch double barreled guns on standby duty as house/shop guns.

There are not a whole lot of things that say go away better than the business end of a double barreled twelve gauge staring you in the face. Unless of course it is a 10 gauge double staring you in the face. I have my eye out for one of those.

Attachments

#136 ·
Mossberg Maverick 88

Has Adaptive Tactical's(formerly Knoxx Industries) Sidewinder Venom magazine feeding system. I added the saddle mount for the red dot sight and the sling. Also took 7/8" out of the adjustable stock. It was too long of a reach for my t-rex arms with carharts on deer hunting. Pictured with the 24" rifled slug barrel and the 18.5" HD barrel. Love this gun. And 2nd shotgun deer season opens Saturday :rock:

Attachments

#139 ·
Couple of Cops hanging out together, the old school holds up the back of the safe very nicely. And the other is kept loaded close by, that's the Dixie Defender model it's stock except for the DMW speed loader.

Attachments

#143 ·

Ithaca M-37 Magnum, my favorite for just about anything. The original barrel is a 30" rib full choke, since then I've added a new 26" rib barrel with interchangeable chokes, a 20' cyl bore riot barrel, a 20" rifled Deer Slayer barrel, and a 20" smoothbore Deer Slayer barrel. The older 20" smooth bore Deer Slayer barrel with it's .700" bore has proved ideal for Buck and Ball loads, a .69 ball and 3 buckshot pellets.

Target shot at 30yds showing nice grouping of .69 balls and 50% buckshot hits on paper.

Some of the more inventive ammunition for the Ithaca, (l-r) BPI light brush wad with .69 ball, (the buck is loaded in the cup first and the ball on top). For the rifled barrel, special wad/sabot using a .58 Minie ball, and a "hog" slug for the rifled barrel weighing 720gr.

#145 ·
heres a few of mine....My turkey hunting shotgun, Stoeger 20ga. O&U, trigger work to 4lbs, both forcing cones lengthen, polished chambers, ported barrels, Rob Roberts Choke Tubes.

My dove, duck & crow hunting shotgun, Stoeger 12ga O&U, trigger job to 4lbs, both ported barrels, polished chambers, both forcing cones lengthen, Angle Port Choke Tubes