1911Forum banner

Lever-action Pics

181K views 146 replies 92 participants last post by  fnfalman 
#1 · (Edited)
Can we get a sticky on lever-action photo pics? We have some for shotguns, bolt-action, AR/AK/FAL, but no love for the lever-action. I've mentioned this before but never started one (but until now I finally have my own!). Mods, would it be possible to sticky this thread?

I have seen many of y'all with your great rifles (whether they be 30-30s or .357/.44 Mag. Let's see what y'all got!

I'll start, here's my new to me Marlin 1894 SS I got last weekend at the gun show. Shoots .44 Mag and to me the recoil is negligible (at least compared to my .30-06). Hopefully I can add more to the collection in the near future.

Edit: thanks for making it a sticky!

See less See more
#43 ·
Winchester 32-20

Heres my Winchester 92 in 32-20 circa early 1920's......

BadaBing 11..This is the best i can do with my cheapo camera.....2 out of 20 photo shots.:grumble:

#45 ·
This is my FrankenMarlin. It's a 336Y youth model, modified with a 336C full-length buttstock, an XS LeverRail, and a Vortex Sparc red dot.

#46 ·
Here's three. Top to bottom: Browning 1886, .45-70; Winchester 1873 (new Miroku gun), .357 Mag; Marlin Golden 39A, .22LR. I've got a 1961 Winchester 94 as well, but that didn't make this pic.

The new Mirokuchester 1873 is one heck of a neat rifle. I really like it.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#48 · (Edited)
I was lucky on mine, a trapper. I bought it used, but in excellent shape, from my favorite gun shop. It runs .357 and .38 pretty smoothly. I did the mag spring shortening to lighten things up at the loading gate, but haven't done anymore to it. Someday I'll get the DVD from Steve's Gunz and give it a good going over to really slick it up, but knowing me that's far down the trail.

It came with the fiber optic sights and I've long been the kind of guy who has to have peep sights on his traditional lever guns. But dang if these things don't just snap into place when flip the gun to my shoulder all lined up. And like yours, this is an accurate little gun. I've only ran it offhand at 25 yards, but it shoots snug little groups with a variety of ammo and the .357 and ..38s land in nice clusters not too far away from each other. I'm just not going to mess with that so as much as I love traditional sights, I'm sticking with what's working well.

I really love this little gun. I'd get rid of my AR before I got rid of my little 92.

As you can see, other than the sights mine is box stock as far as finish goes. I'll have to bookmark your pages on the refinish and the loads. Good site.

#51 · (Edited)
Molly, my little LSI/Puma M92 Trapper in .357 Mag did the job Sunday evening. Dropped this 8 pt in its tracks at around 90-100 yards. I loved this little carbine before. We just bonded a little more now. Really appreciate the Firesights. I'm usually a rear peep, front gold bead guy, but the fiber optic sights just jump right into place and make open sights a lot easier for these tired, old, not so good eyes.

#54 ·
Sergeant Major, that is a fine looking rifle.

I had a brief affair with a Win Big Bore in .356 Win. It was one of the models with the checkering. Beautiful lever gun and a really slick action on it. That was decade or slightly more ago when .30-30 ammo was running around $8-9 a box for the regular stuff. I got the gun home then realized that the $25 or more a box then was bit rich for my blood and traded it back in for something else that didn't cost as much to feed. Wouldn't mind that one back now.

I like the "backup Elk rifle" idea. ;)

Those Big Bore Winchesters actually make sense as a easy handling thumper. Unfortunately that was when all the rage was the new developments in whiz bang, new group of zippy magnums were becoming the rage. A lever gun just wasn't cool when you could have the latest .270-338 STFU proprietary rocket mag to brag about. Never mind that guys were buying next canyon over chambered rifles for stand hunting at a few hundred yards maximum in places that didn't even have canyons.

Glad the Big Bore got some face time in the thread.

#62 ·
One forum member just asked me a question about a gun I have.

A current production (Miroku) 1892 carbine in .45 Colt with a sixteen inch barrel. This is the only one that I have seen with the 16" barrel. All of the rest of the ones that I have looked at since I got this one about four or five years ago all have 20" barrels. It is a pretty handy little tool.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.