1911Forum banner

Kimber-a-holic

201K views 1K replies 291 participants last post by  1911edc 
#1 · (Edited)
I told myself that all I wanted was a new Kimber Stainless Ultra Carryll. Well ,I do need a holster....Let me try another type holster....maybe another color....I have heard that you have to have Wilson Combat mags....or maybe Kim Pro Tec mags.... Got to have Crimson Trace Grips---no, wood grips are better...Is it everyone or just me caught up in the Kimber(Got to Have) mode.....:biglaugh:

#3 ·
Nice to meet you guys, i'm arcticrik, and i've been a Kimber-a-haulic for two years now. Only, i'm only allowed to purchace one Kimber a year. Guess what? The new year is a couple weeks away. Time to start looking for #3. :biglaugh:

#4 ·
Hi my name is wtfd661 and I bought 2 Kimbers this fall. My wife said I needed help so here I am. Hello BROTHERS. :rock:

#9 ·
Hello, I'm msd, I am a Kimberholic, so my wife tells me. I don't think I'm a Kimberholic. I keep telling my wife if someone don't claim all those pretty Kimbers, they will go to the misfit toy land with all of Santas misfit toys. For some reason she don't believe me and I got sent here.
And yes I do have visions of Kimbers dancing in my head, I wake up with night sweats, I get nervous and fidgety unless I get my "fix".
I'll go dry mouthed and goose bumpy and get terribly shaky everytime I see a pretty Kimber in the display case. And I do have blackouts. My wife don't believe me everytime I tell her " I don't know how that Kimber got in my gun safe".
But I still say I don't have a problem, I get my fix once a month sometimes twice a month and I'm fine till the next month. I've got 18 more days left in this month, and my nerves are getting a bit edgy, I hope I can make it till 01/02/2010. I think the gun dealers take a holiday on New Years day. I think thats unfair to people like me! :D

#10 ·
Proud to say I am in recovery

from a high point of 6 Kimber pistols I am now down to a 'reasonable' 4. Of course now I have two AR's an just started a build on my third.....:biglaugh:

#26 · (Edited)
Ticeman,

I laughed so hard when I read your post I thought I might have to change my underware!!!!
I looked for the Kool Aid on Kimber's web site but it only comes in one gallon containers and they're shaped like a giant .45 ACP cartridge. The addiction isn't isolated to Kimbers, the guys on the Sig forum have the same problem.

#44 ·
MSD - I am eternally grateful to you! The tinfoil hat thing sounded pretty stupid at first, but I thought to myself "what the heck - nuthin to lose but a little foil." So, I made a really nice one, put it on, and logged into Gunbroker. Of course the dumb hat didn't stop me from instantly gratifying myself by purchasing a mint Series I Custom CDP, but it distracted my better half long enough (she went into the bedroom to call adult protective services) so that she missed the "buy-me-now" spasm. So, now I have a cool Kimber on it's way, a new canvas sport coat that buckles in the back, and a rubber room that I should get out of about the time the Kimber arrives. So, thanks man!

#27 · (Edited)
Sig- i'll be here all week, tip your waiters and waitresses!:biglaugh:

This is how bad i got the "fever", i flew to Atlanta this week for biz, I was actually contemplating taking my TSA approved gun case (woulda cost me $50 rd trip just to take it) just "in case" i found myself in a gun shop and found a deal that i just HAD to have, :biglaugh: is that sick enough or what?

money, guns.... money, guns...yep, that's what goes thru my head 24/7...:biglaugh::rock:

#29 ·
Hello, my name is RTBA (Right To Bear Arms) I am a 1911 addict and I need a Kimber fix frequently.

I am going to court to change my last name to RTBK , Right To Buy Kimbers

RTBA RTBK

As long as my wife is a clothes, shoes, gold, diamond addict I will not even attempt to break my habit, all her stuff needs protection.:biglaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.