1911Forum banner

Citadel Compact

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  troypennock 
#1 ·
Academy Sports has the Citadel Compact on their website for $499. (Finding a local store with one actually in stock will be the next challenge.)

As I understand it, Citadel is made by Armscor, and from reading here and elsewhere on the net, the brand gets generally good reviews. Until I can see one in person, though, I had a couple of questions:

1) Is the trigger plastic/polymer, aluminum, or metal? Will standard triggers fit into a Citadel, like they generally do for other 1911s (of course, may require some fitting.)

2) From the pictures I have seen online, there is a small hole in the main spring housing that looks like the ILS on a Springfield. Is is one, or is that something else? Is the MSH metal or plastic?

3) I believe that this pistol is a series 70 style...is that correct?

If anyone who owns this particular model has any additional information on them, please feel free to expound beyond these three questions. (And yes, I am searching and reviewing topics as well.) I am thinking this would be a good pistol to learn more about detail stripping, etc, than I have gone into with my more expensive 1911s.

Thanks!

See less See more
#8 ·
My full size Cit has a plastic mainspring housing (probably not for much longer) and the officer model I had but sold had a parked steel one.

#10 ·
Davidson's frequently has "sales" on Citadel 5" and 3 1/2" guns.

My Citadel CS (the 3 1/2" model) from Davidson's (with their "Lifetime guarantee) was about $460 from a LGS and is my "favorite" simply because it is so much fun to shoot:)

I've used it a few times in our Bullseye Matches and frequently use it for IDPA matches.

As previously mentioned, the CS gun has a steel MSH (my 5" Citadel had the plastic MSH and I really could not tell the difference --- I just prefer steel).

JMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.