1911Forum banner

EAA Witness question

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  dradw 
#1 · (Edited)
I’m thinking about getting a EAA Witness in 10mm. I’ve never seen any of their models in person, but from the EAA website I like P Carry the best.

I live in Canada so the barrel length (3.6in) is too short for the gun to be legal here. :rolleyes: I also noticed on their website they also have 4.5in barrels for sale. Would a longer barrel fit/work in the Witness P Carry model?

If so would it be just a easy barrel swap? :scratch:

ps: any feed back on this model is appreciated

thanks

See less See more
#6 ·
I've a Witness P compact in 9mm and .40S&W. Can't really recommend them, maybe since the 10mm would more completely fill the magazine's length they'd be more reliable, but I'd not want to bet on it.

I've heard the Witness steel framed guns are much better.

--wally.

#7 ·
Not sure if it's the same as the Tangfolio, but I've handled those, one friend owns a .40, and another owns...geez...um .22, 9mm, .38 super, at least one .40, and .45. The Tangfolios are good pistols. And...the slide of one, goes on the slide of another and another and another...

#8 ·
The all steel Tanfoglio Witness pistols are good guns, especially for the money. I understand that the polymer guns do not share the same reputation for reliability, although I have no personal experience with the polymers.

I do have a full size .45 with a .22 conversion in steel. The .45 has been totally reliable with every load I've tried. My .22 required some tweaking and is a little fussy with ammo but it is after all a rimfire. I have owned .40 and 9mm steel Tanfoglio pistols and they were great as well, I regret having traded them actually. I don't have a 10mm but from what I've seen, they are stout and share the same good qualities as my .45. I would buy one if I ever get back into 10mm's.

Andrew

#11 ·
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
I have the Witness P-S in .40S&W, BTW, and it has been nothing but wunnerful! The picture looks like mine's little brother! :)

#12 ·
Witness (in 9x19/ 9x21/ 38 Super/ 40 S&W/ 41 AE/ 45 ACP, for the moment...)

I own three metal Witnesses, two 'small' frames (meant for 9x19 / 40 S&W) and one large in 45 ACP (but also ran a 38 Super top end; sold).

I suggest little satisfaction with a plastic short 10mm; most highly recommend if stuck on the 10mm cartridge that an appropriately-sized metal Witness will satisfy much better.

Even better might be a 10mm Long-Slide version; metal, of course.

(There is little resale value for Witness pistols: fact.)

#13 ·
SistemaTodd said:
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
I have the Witness P-S in .40S&W, BTW, and it has been nothing but wunnerful! The picture looks like mine's little brother! :)
To be fair, the P-S is as I understand it newer than mine and has a "small" frame so it may not have the reliability problems I attribute to the short rounds sliding back and forth in the long magazines. Of course this greatly reduces the multi-caliber conversion options.

--wally.

#14 ·
Witness reliability

The steel full size pistols, especially in Wondercoat (Tennifer ) are great pistols, I tried a compact Polymer Frame last week in .45 ACP and couldn't get through a mag with out a FTF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.