1911Forum banner

Six-inch barrel for 1911 10mm ?

10K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Horace Hogsnort 
#1 ·
Glock offers a 6-inch barrel for their 10mm. Have played with one and the original shorter barrel and there is some velocity gain.

Who has a drop-in 1911 barrel for the 10mm Colt Delta to give it a little more length -- six or seven inches ?

Hammer

#2 ·
Hammer1 said:
Glock offers a 6-inch barrel for their 10mm. Have played with one and the original shorter barrel and there is some velocity gain.

Who has a drop-in 1911 barrel for the 10mm Colt Delta to give it a little more length -- six or seven inches ?

Hammer
www.brownells.com

Just check the barrel company names, if you don’t see your caliber call them, just about all will cut to at least six inches.

#4 · (Edited)
bdavis385 said:
You might be able to get some barrel company to extend that back.
Would that Theoretically still work? How would you get the bushing on/off? (unless you converted the gun to bull with a reverse plug...)

Besides, an extra inch would only marginally effect accuracy/fps. If I understand correctly, it's the increased sight radius, not barrel length, that make a long slide more accurate.

#5 ·
It works, I've seen several guns with 1" hanging out the front end. The bushing comes off the same way, you just have to slide it up the barrel to get it off. Your right about accuracy and I guess velocity would go up, but at what cost ($). Depends on if you think it looks cool and how much cool is worth to you.

#6 · (Edited)
Have a conventional 1911 45 ACP Gov't Model with a six-inch barrel on the original slide. Works fine. Accurate. Reliable.

With a variety of loads, picked up 64 fps velocity on the average. Whether the 7% velocity increase is worth it is up to the individual. Some folks add powder and pressure to accomplish the same thing.

Your results will vary.

#10 ·
Crazy question. I have a 6" .45 acp that broke the ejector. Here is the crazy part. Any way to make it into a 10 mm? other then the 6" 10 mm barrel?

I know the outer diameter of barrels for the 1911 are the same i just the inside is smaller/bigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.