1911Forum banner

What Was Your First Handgun

44K views 514 replies 475 participants last post by  bradsvette 
#1 ·
OK what was your first handgun and what happened to it.

My first first handgun was a Colt Gold Cup NM in 45acp. I got it in 1980 and still have it.
It was blued when I got it and within a month or two I had it Hard Chromed, had a professional trigger job done hammer bobbed and polished and the front sight replaced.

#77 ·
My first handgun in Israel was a Star 9mm semi auto, my first handgun in this country was a S&W model 12 airweight 2 inch barrell which I will forever be sorry for selling, but I sold it and bought a S&W model 66 2.5 inch 357 mag so it was a trade up.

#78 ·
My first hand gun given to me as a young'n was a .22magnum revolver Rem Model

My first hand gun that I bought myself and picked up the Day I turned 21 was a H&K USP .45 Tactical inspired by lots of research about what the ultimate .45 ACP for all scenarios and had all the bells and whistles on it...

I had that gun about a year and I realized that although it was a really nice firearm it just cost way to much to buy holsters for it (it had Tall Adjustable sight for suppressor) and mags for it were $60 and everything on it is proprietary so I finally gave up on it and sold it for my first love (of handguns) a 1911 Rock Island (I went with it because I wanted a cheaper entry 1911 but one with some custom parts so I wouldn't get put off by buying a lot of parts for it like I did with the HK) and from there I have only spent more and more on more 1911's so maybe I should have just stuck with the HK? I don't miss it at all I will admit I was really upset when I found out I couldn't shoot reloads through my 1300 HK and that was going to be my main target ammo

#80 ·
When I was 16 (35 years ago) my Grandfather gave me a Belgium made Baby Browning .25 ACP just like the one shown here.

Like a fool, I sold it in my 20s because I needed some money. My Grandfather died a number of years later.

While I can find some regret for every gun Ive sold over the years, this one I regret the most.

#88 ·
Colt XSE Government.

#92 ·
if we are talking first one I owned- A Luger I inherited from Gramps.
if first one we bought- an RIA GI .45

#94 ·
Fist handgun was a Ruger SR9 when they first came out. Bought it right when I turned 21 for my CPL class. Still have it, but don't shoot it much. Don't think I would ever sell it.

#114 ·
The first 1911 I bought was a standard SA 1911 45. I DID give it to my son on his 21st B-day. Then I bought my SA Longslide. Tracy

#99 ·
My first handgun was a satin-nickel,Colt,Combat Commander purchased new from a hardware store in 1976. I began reloading at the same time and shot that gun a LOT for a few years;then,sent it to King's for hard-chrome,S&W revolver adjustable sights,and new internals. Best handgun I will likely ever own.

It was stolen from my home in early 1990s.

I compare every handgun I have to that one. None have measured up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.