1911Forum banner

Hackathorn report

10K views 88 replies 33 participants last post by  Grandpas50AE 
#1 ·
The first day ended at 8:30 pm with the temps in the mid 30s. It was a full, cold and extremely informative day. We took a 30 minute lunch break and one hour dinner break. The rest was work, work, work. Ken is hilarious but pushes you quite hard. The tension is a bit high due to learning different techniques and the obvious peer pressure to do well.

I am only half through but can honestly say the fee is some of the best money I have ever spent.

More to come.

#75 ·
FBF - I forgot to thank you for sharing the pictures of your class .I lov threads like this .

#76 ·
My pleasure sir. I was lucky enough to attend that I wanted to share some of the experience.

#77 ·
Great article in Recoil Magazine this month about Mr Hackathorn .

#78 ·
Thanks for notice Billy.

#82 ·
#85 ·
Since he was a Gunsite and Jeff Cooper guy I'd like to talk with him
about The Bren Ten he owns and where he stands with that pistol and
the 10 mm round vs the 45 acp .

#88 ·
Got to be a law enforcement class .
The Home Defense course will cover fundamentals of protecting your home via a defensive mindset. Tactics are much different than a typical team or two man CQB tactics approach. Strong emphasis will be on one man clears that limit danger or exposure to the home owner. Combat marksmanship skills development training to make survival against single or multiple attacker will be highly stressed. Primarily a handgun class w/optional pistol caliber carbine with low light and live fire shoot house experience is a key fundamental to this two day program.

Was thinking about Waxahachie, Texas . I'll have to see how the cards play out this later year .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.