1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle Weekly blogger trying to make crooks sound like the victims

11K views 78 replies 42 participants last post by  ConditionZer0 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Oh my dear lord.

He was drunk, on cocaine, and wanted to fight... but he meant no harm, he was a good person. It is unbelievable.

I cannot stop laughing at the comment left by some R.R. Anderson individual.

the "my self-defense weapon of choice is the Molotov-cocktail. I keep one next to my reading light. Can't wait for some knuckle-head to break into my house. "WELCOME TO HELL!" i'll scream as the whole living room goes up in flames" R.R. Anderson

#3 · (Edited)
.... is trying to make it sound like the criminals who got shot by homeowners recently were all senseless deaths
They were senseless deaths. They should have behaved better.

Josh Henderson was said to be a good man to his family.
And a lowlife thieving a-hole to other families.

Apparently there is bad gun violence and good gun violence.
Correct. Just like bad drug usage and good drug usage. And bad squeezin' some lady's kiester and good....., well, you get the idea.
L.

#5 ·
Liberalism at its core is moral confusion. The good is judged as bad and the bad is judged as good. Criminals are just misunderstood victims of society. People who stop them are unfair and unenlightened. You cannot win arguments with these people because attempting to argue with them presupposes they have enough logic and reason to be convinced. But the truth is, modern day liberalism, at its core, is devoid of reason so it is therefore impervious to reason.

#7 · (Edited)
I've seen comments by the family of a recently deceased armed robber who was killed in his line of work. ("It's the life of an outlaw, tough ain't it")

The comments ran along the lines of:

He wasn't going to shoot anyone, he just wanted the money!!

The robbers and their loved ones seem to think it's a game between the police and the robbers and no one else can play. And that if you just give the man with the gun the money, he will leave and not force everyone into the back room and kill them first.

This blogger is out of his mind.

#8 ·
I've seen comments by the family of a recently deceased armed robber who was killed in his line of work. ("It's the life of an outlaw, tough ain't it")

The comments ran along the lines of:

He wasn't going to shoot anyone, he just wanted the money!!

The robbers and their loved ones seem to think it's a game between the police and the robbers and no one else can play. And that if you just give the man with the gun the money, he will leave and not force everyone into the back room and kill them first.
So they carry a gun for what reason then? It matches their outfit?

I'm not a mind reader. I leave that sort of nonsense to those who fancy themselves my superior.

#9 · (Edited)
The blogger's argument is without merit and should be dismissed as nonsense. Maybe he could get the word out to criminals that their chosen vocation is dangerous. He could put up flyers or something.

Robert

#11 ·
I hope one day he faces a group of gang bangers or poor little criminals that sociaty has wronged and they feel they have all the right to take it on sociaty including him and lets see how he will feel about that if he survives the encounter.;):(

#13 ·
My liberal friends don't pay heed to the Seattle Weekly. I highly doubt anyone mistakes the editorial slant and the writing of the paper for news. It and the Stranger are good if you want to know where to drink or see a indie band, or some unsavory things, and not much else.

Even the uber-lefty Mayor McGinn despises the Weekly, though he has fairly valid reason for doing so.

#19 ·
Left wing idiots like that guy always believe their hatred of guns makes them more civilized than the rest of us. No one ever taught them that civilization is not the natural order of things. The reality is it took men with guns and other weapons to create civilization and to defeat the uncivilized barbarians. If guns are ever banned, we will not be more civilized but instead less civilized since the ignorant masses will rule.

#21 ·
This one's worthy of a quote or signature line.

#24 · (Edited)
Because to them there's no such thing as a "bad" guy. The person inside your house at 3am with a large knife in his hand is still somebody's father or son, and I guess you're supposed to not harm them even if it means trading your life for theirs.

#25 ·
If the shootings were so tragic.

What does that make the acts that brought these shootings about?

#27 ·
As the Libs see it, at 3am you should sit down with these poor misunderstood individuals at the kitchen table hold hands and sing Kumbaya over milk and cookies. Try to understand them. Unlike the Libs "we do" understand them they are evil, and want to do evil. They perpetuate violence against all of us, if you don't want to be a victim of it you must take charge and stop it.

#29 ·
I don't have a problem with someone defending their home against an intruder. The homeowners should be protected from prosecution when they are in their homes.

That being said: Shootings are never a “good” thing for anyone involved. The shooting may be the best possible result, but it’s not a “good” result.

Many pro-gun folks act like a rooster and strut around posting and commenting about how great it is the “dirtbag” is dead….. good for the homeowner…. Great job!!!!!! and a happy ending. It’s none of those things. When we say stuff like this, it reveals the immoral blood lust mentality that nobody likes we don't want to be associated with.

#30 ·
I disagree. I have no blood lust but I am pleased when lowlifes who think it's OK to break into a HOME with a gun find out the error of their ways.

"It's the life of an outlaw. Tough, ain't it."

I don't want to shoot anybody. But some people need to be shot. There should be no shame in doing what needs to be done, IMO.

#31 ·
There are a-holes all over this planet,who run around screaming "Kill Me",with their behavior.The more fortunate among them find people who are willing to grant their wish.All is well.

#33 ·
I think your original post has the really interesting view on this already in it: the responses were mostly negative and mocking of the journalist. And I use that term loosely - that was a crap article that barely held to any real journalistic standards. It could have been on MSNBC.

I've lived in the area for 10 years now - five downtown Seattle and about five now on the Eastside. I know Seattle has this "ultra liberal" reputation around the country, but it's really a minority. When you scratch the surface of WA and talk to most people, it's a pretty sensible, conservative lot. WA has one of the best gun communities in the country, and I've lived in many of them, FL, VT, KY, even NYC (omg, don't get me started on my "gun year" as a Manhattan resident!).

I appreciate living in WA - six months of the year it's wet and grey, six months it's gorgeous. But the quality of the people on average make it shine all the time.

#34 ·
I'm reminded of the old X-Files episode where the serial killer says, "I don't understand why I behave this way." and the protagonist tells him, "It's because you are a homicidal maniac."

Bad guy say, "Oh. Now it all makes sense."

#36 ·
When is blood lust not blood lust?????

Is killing or wanting them dead monsters that breaks into your house rape your wife and daughters then sets them on fire a bad thing?

Is killing a terrorist or wanting him dead like in the case of the Israeli family that got slaughered including the baby of a few months blood lust or a reasonable thing so he can not do it to someone else?

How about the serial killer that walks into a single womans home rapes her then tortures her and kills her? Is being happy that he got killed or killing him and by doing so preventing him from doing more of the same to others blood lust or is it OK?

Also how do you know if the person breaking into your house is just a burglar with a gun that just wants to scare you so they can rob you or is he one of the other examples i gave above and why would you want to give a person breaking into your house the benefit of the doubt and let him get away so they can do it to someone else?

Before people become hollier then though they should think about this matters and then express an opinion.

#37 ·
I think that what all of us would like to see.

Is that we all do not have to descend to the level of the least common denominator. Maybe I am wrong, and maybe that is what it will ultimately come to. But I would like to think that there remains something that separates the human race from the animal kingdom.
Certainly time will bear this out one way or another.
Pessemism abounds, one can only hope and pray for the strength to rise above it.

#38 ·
Is that we all do not have to descend to the level of the least common denominator. Maybe I am wrong, and maybe that is what it will ultimately come to. But I would like to think that there remains something that separates the human race from the animal kingdom.
Certainly time will bear this out one way or another.
Pessemism abounds, one can only hope and pray for the strength to rise above it.
Wanting, terrorists, murderers, child abductors, rapists, serial killers, sadistic torturers and murderers, gangsters that do drive by shootings killing indiscriminatly women, children and other inocents, suicide bombers, active shooters in schools and malls where our kids are, dead is not decending into the common denominator, it is a natural instinct called preservation of self, friends and family.
I pray that all of us will have the strength of doing the right thing (like stopping one of the above at all costs) if we ever face one of the above with out any fear or selfishness even if it costs us our life doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.