1911Forum banner

Lone Survivor Foundation Raffle Pistol

5K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  adurning 
#1 ·
I have been given a wonderful opportunity to build a pistol for the Lone Survivor Foundation, We will be raffling this pistol off at the completion of the build.

My Friends at Brownells have donated all the interal parts for the build with some extras;

Chip McCormick Grips saftey.
Cylinder and Slide hammer, sear, disco and hammer strut.
wolfe springs
Kart barrel
Wilson barrel link
EGW ejector
EGW oversized Firing pin stop
Wilson Bullet Proof Extractor
Harrison Single dot rear night sight
XS big dot front night sight
EGW recoil plug and cap
Chip McMcormick mag's
VZ grips

and much much more,

A personal Thank you to my friends at Brownells. :cool:

Caspian Arms has donated the frame and slide combo as well,

Race ready frame with tactical mag well cut, 22 lpi checkering on the front strap and mainspring housing

5 inch slide with flat top and serrations

A personal Thank you to my friends at Caspian. :cool:

As if this couldn't get any sweeter, Mr. Roy Huntington of American Handgunner magazine has offer to do an article with a picture of the pistol and a review of the raffle results in His "Editor's Insider column.":D

A personal Thank you to my Friend Mr. Roy Huntington.:cool:

Folks if you have the opportunity to email or speak with these people, please thank them for their support of our veterans and our great country. Take a moment if you don't already know, to see what Lone Survivor Foundation is all about. They are a wonderful charity and are doing great things to change the lives of our veterans and their families.

I will keep this blog going as more parts arrive and the raffle takes final shape.

Personal thank you's too;
Big Boys Guns and ammo
H&H shooting sports complex
Sgt Grits
MSgt Davenport of the Oklahoma City FOP,
Fort thunder Harley davidson
Mr. White (OIF/OEF) vet
My Wife Charissa
The Daily Oklahoman

If I left anyone out I am sorry, wow :rofl:

Thanks to all, and God bless the Troops and America,

Anthony Durning
Durning Defense Customs
Tuttle, Oklahoma

See less See more
#29 ·
I've seen more pics of this gun than most and it's fantastic. I can't wait for the pics of the finished product. I'm very impressed with the attn. to detail. I plan to have him do some work for me and I'm as picky as they come. Keep a close eye on this guy, he'll be on top of his game in no time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.