1911Forum banner

Olympic Arms color case hardened 1911's

25K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Lunatic 
#1 ·
Found a website showing them, absolutely beautiful, but then I've always liked color case. Does anyone know about these? The one I like is about $1100, the "Trail Boss" with long slide. Really nice looking gun. Does color case hardening rust easier than blue? Is this true CCH with high rockwell C? If it is it should wear forever. One couldn't change anything though as it would be hard to machine the cased skin. I guess it would be no different than hard chrome in that regard but without the corrosion resistance.
http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

#28 ·
If pictures don't do it justice that's an amazingly beautiful gun! It's that in the pics!

#29 ·
I could not seem to find anything in the gun description, are the frame and slide stainless steel that has been color case-hardened? or are they carbon parts that have been CCH'ed?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.