1911Forum banner

holster for a Colt Cobra

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dfariswheel 
#1 ·
I did a search in this forum and didn't come up with anything. I looked at some of the holster manufacture's sites and haven't found anything .

I am looking for a leather OWB that rides high on the belt for a Colt Cobra. Any ideas on where to look? Or does anyone have something on hand that works well for them that they can send a picture of? I would like to find something that rides high enough to be able to cover it with a sweatshirt or vest for a CC application.

Thanks in advance for your help

#2 · (Edited)
Any holster made for a Detective Special will fit the Cobra.

The only issue is if you have the older "Skinny" barrel-exposed ejector rod version, or the newer heavy barrel shrouded version. Not that many companies still make holsters to exactly fit the older models, but some do.

I suggest just looking for a holster that you like the look of and is made to fit revolvers, then email the company and ask if it's available for the Colt "D" frames, which the Cobra and Detective Special are.

Here's a compiled list of holster maker web sites. Just start looking for belt mount revolver holsters then check their fit charts or email them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.