1911Forum banner

CCI Mini-Mag 22lr

15K views 52 replies 33 participants last post by  squidmotion 
#1 ·
Ok guys where is all of the CCI Mini-Mag 22LR ammo I have not seen any or even heard of anyone being able to buy it for months?????

#36 ·
I bought 10K of CCI .22 ammo online last summer. I've got about 7K left.

I bought it that way because it's a lot cheaper than walking in to a store and buying 200 rounds on the way to the range and it also ensures I have an inventory for times like these.

I'm sure many of you would not look upon me favorably if you opened all the ammo boxes under my reloading bench but I haven't bought a single round of loaded ammo since last year.
I haven't tried to sell any of my .22's for 4 times the price I paid for them, which I have seen plenty of on my local gunforum.

#43 ·
Keep it in a cool dry (low humidity) area and it will last a very very long time.

As for mini-mag, some how my local range has been ok on inventory. Although they did just start rationing it out to customers who use their range. Limit is one box per person per day.

#44 ·
I think that stock has been steadily trickling back to the public. I'm located in Southern Califonia and the my LGS had had 22LR in stock every week for the last month. It's usually gone pretty quickly though. But they've been very good an getting huge quantities of 22LR weekly.

#45 ·
Reply from CCI

OGC5, the government shoots bigger guns than this, thank goodness for the first amendment. Fact about the shortage, we are working 24/7 making millions of rimfire a day and are shipping. When people stop hoarding ammo the shelves will be full again.

Make Every Shot Count!
Justin M.
CCI/Speer
2299 Snake River Ave
Lewiston, ID. 83501

#47 ·
OGC5, the government shoots bigger guns than this, thank goodness for the first amendment. Fact about the shortage, we are working 24/7 making millions of rimfire a day and are shipping. When people stop hoarding ammo the shelves will be full again.

Make Every Shot Count!
Justin M.
CCI/Speer
2299 Snake River Ave
Lewiston, ID. 83501
THANK YOU!! Both for your great ammo and for posting this reply. It is so nice to hear the truth straight from the source.

dakotaTex

#49 ·
More .22s than any other Gun

:) Hoarding and also there are more .22 firearms than any others in use around the world. I am just not shooting targets right now with my .22 rimfire conversion.

#53 · (Edited)
we are starting to see it trickle in to the Houston area... i've picked up various brands/ammounts over the last few weeks, but it's taken a bit of effort... i know when the Academy stores that i frequent are being re-stocked... and there will be a line those mornings waiting on the store to open... but where we have been dry on .22LR, it's starting to show up again... in fact, i just picked up some CCI mini mag this morning, though only a 100rd box. scored a 500 brick of .22 winchester wildcat tuesday, and a 1000 brick of winny standard .22LR last thursday.. even got a 375 box of CCI 'tactical' which i really like in the old marlin. can't wait to buy that in the bulk...

i have to give it to Academy... they will only let you have one box, but they aren't gouging or even going up on the standard price at all, even though i know i could turn this ammo around on GB for probably 3X the price...

i'll keep grabbing it as i find it... but i think i have enough for a while, at least..

i'm not sure if it is the hoarding... or the guys shooting with AR style .22s, and going back to 'plinkin', as the .223 and other rifle rounds have gone through the roof... or the fact that the ammo manufacturers are just running different calibers at different times... and just trying to catch up. i dunno.. probably a combination of all of the above.

i'm doing my part, by buying a few new firearms, and ammo when i can! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.