1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Range Reports

Old 01-11-2004, 07:48 AM

NRA Indoor Range in Fairfax, VA. $12.00/hr.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:27 PM

I'll usually go up to Roosevelt National Forest (in Lefthand Canyon, north of Boulder). There's a spot where everyone shoots, however the last few times I've been there, there were some questionable individuals who obviously had no grasp on gun safety (gang banger types.) It's getting too crowded and one of these days I plan on taking a drive through the various National Forests in the area to see if I can find another spot. There's also a place near Lyons which is on top of a mountain, wide open and flat, just a bit of a long drive.
As for actual ranges, I'll usually go to either The Firing Line or the range at Cherry Creek State Park, which is outdoors. Firing Line is okay, $10 for unlimited time and that includes eye and ear protection if you need it. But if it's cold outside, it'll be cold in the range. They've got space heaters in there, but they don't work very well. And you can't shoot rifles other than .22. Cherry Creek is nice, $11 for unlimited time and it's outdoors, plus they have a decent little shop with a good ammo selection. But being outdoors and it being Colorado, if it's cold or raining, it's no fun. I'd rather spend half the money on gas and drive the 30 miles to the forest unless the weather's crap and then I'll go to Firing Line's range. I'm seriously considering getting a membership though, it's much cheaper that way, but I want to check out some other ranges first.
Impact Guns in Utah has a very nice indoor range and the store is huge. Very reasonable rates and the employees are very nice. You can also rent a multitude of guns, including full auto. It's about the only thing I miss from my month-long stay in Utah this past summer.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:55 PM

Re: Re: Pittsburgh Range

Quote:
Originally posted by john45
I too shoot at Bullseye ranges in Pittsburgh, I like them there alot.
Yep. I go there, too. Too bad that the AIS is fangible only, though.

I have 3 indoor ranges within 15 miles of me in New Castle.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:25 PM

New Castle is too far for me, I am by the airport.

NRA Member
Colt Lightweight Commander, Kimber Custom II, Kimber Custom TLE II RL,Kimber Ultra TLE II, Kimber Raptor Pro II SS.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:38 AM

Ok, I'll rub it in. I step out my back door!
Old 02-05-2004, 02:09 PM

I used to have my range in the back yard, but I was annexed into the city a couple years ago. Now I have things set up about a mile up the road on private property owned by a friend. Got target stands & bowling pins.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:53 PM

I run that Lone gun range in Greenville, SC....come out and see me one day!

Later, Theron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHershey
Where I live we have one indoor pistol range nearby. And they run it like it's the only one. Luckily I have friends and family with land to hunt and shoot on. And there are numerous public ranges in the state and national forests.

Hershey
Glock 32 .357 Sig 8800rds, DW PMA-S .45ACP 3700rds, S&W 686 .357Mag 4250rds, SVI Custom "Race" .38Super 200rds, Walther P22 .22LR 2700rds, S&W 1006 10mm 4150rds, Ruger Blackhawk .41Rem Mag 620rds ,Kel-Tec P-3AT "Custom" .380 150rds Glock 37 .45GAP 350rds FN 5-7 IOM 5.7x28mm 0rds
Swarovksi Optics---> [email protected]
Old 02-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Banned

I shoot at gunsite in Guilford CT.The place is great and the owner is the best he takes no **** and has a great safe and freindly environment.5 mns away from my house !!
Old 02-08-2004, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry888
I shoot at gunsite in Guilford CT.The place is great and the owner is the best he takes no **** and has a great safe and freindly environment.5 mns away from my house !!
Just curious about how much your guy charges for shooting and does he have any restrictions regarding ammo? I used to live in Northwest CT and went to a range in New Britian where I though the rates were outrageous. I am betting your rates are a lot more reasonable.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:56 PM

The indoor range that I use is about 3 miles away and you have to be a member. The outdoor range is about 30 miles away.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski3918
Just curious about how much your guy charges for shooting and does he have any restrictions regarding ammo? I used to live in Northwest CT and went to a range in New Britian where I though the rates were outrageous. I am betting your rates are a lot more reasonable.

He charges 16.95 hr for a non member and has no ammo restictions.If you become a member its only 200 a year.If you shoot once a week like i do it pays for itself in no time so the membership to me was a sure win.Out of all the places i have shot i love this place i have never had to wait for a lane and it is the cleanest place i have shot.I have never seen brass or powder all over the floor yet .Great ventaltion to !