1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-23-2013, 08:06 PM
1slander1970 1slander1970 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8
Tisas 1911 A2




I purchased a new Tisas 1911 A2 from Buds and after about three weeks had a chance to take it to the range. The only mod to the pistol is that I swapped the factory grips out with Hogue grips.

( I thorougly cleaned the pistol before heading to Clark Bros in Warrenton, Va)

I ran 50 rounds thru it at this outdoor range in rain but without any wind to speak of during my session. ( I shot some of my other pistols as well )

The range makes you buy their ammo but the rnge is free. The price of he ammo is on the high side but would even out if you had to rent the lane.

I used White Box target ammo. The first couple of groups were tight but way low. I am sure that it was the grips. I like the feel of them but will switch back now. I started using the front site only and put it right on top of he bulls for real good results. Like i said i will switch back to the factory grips and return to my normal site picture and see how I do.

During the first half of the box i had one stove pipe that wasveasily cleared and the pistol cranked off the rmaining rounds in the magazine with no issues.

With 3 rounds to go the pistol seized on me. I dropped the magazine and was able to rack the slide. It took quite pull to get it to rack. There was no round in the chamber and no ejection.

I popped the magazine back in, racked the slide and finished the last few rounds.

I attribute both malfunctions to the cheap ammo but we will see at my next session. The magazines were all Mec-Gear. One came with the pistol and i purchased two additionally.

I will post again after my next session.

The gun itself feels great. It has a really nice balance and easily as good as any Colt that I shot in the USMC. The finish is really nice and all the pistol's parts fit together well. It tore down easy and was easy to get back together.

Buds as usual was easy to deal with and i got the pistol and three mags for $569. It is certainly not a race gun but was a lot of fun to shoot.

If you have any questions let me know.

1slander1970
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 PM
denoxster denoxster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 42
Which version did you buy? I am interested on getting ss model.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-01-2013, 01:44 PM
1slander1970 1slander1970 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8
SS Question

I purchased the A2 with black parkerized finish and walnut grips.

It really looks good... I highly recommend this version. I have not seen the stainless steel version yet.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-01-2013, 01:49 PM
1slander1970 1slander1970 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slander1970 View Post
I purchased a new Tisas 1911 A2 from Buds and after about three weeks had a chance to take it to the range. The only mod to the pistol is that I swapped the factory grips out with Hogue grips.

( I thorougly cleaned the pistol before heading to Clark Bros in Warrenton, Va)

I ran 50 rounds thru it at this outdoor range in rain but without any wind to speak of during my session. ( I shot some of my other pistols as well )

The range makes you buy their ammo but the rnge is free. The price of he ammo is on the high side but would even out if you had to rent the lane.

I used White Box target ammo. The first couple of groups were tight but way low. I am sure that it was the grips. I like the feel of them but will switch back now. I started using the front site only and put it right on top of he bulls for real good results. Like i said i will switch back to the factory grips and return to my normal site picture and see how I do.

During the first half of the box i had one stove pipe that wasveasily cleared and the pistol cranked off the rmaining rounds in the magazine with no issues.

With 3 rounds to go the pistol seized on me. I dropped the magazine and was able to rack the slide. It took quite pull to get it to rack. There was no round in the chamber and no ejection.

I popped the magazine back in, racked the slide and finished the last few rounds.

I attribute both malfunctions to the cheap ammo but we will see at my next session. The magazines were all Mec-Gear. One came with the pistol and i purchased two additionally.

I will post again after my next session.

The gun itself feels great. It has a really nice balance and easily as good as any Colt that I shot in the USMC. The finish is really nice and all the pistol's parts fit together well. It tore down easy and was easy to get back together.

Buds as usual was easy to deal with and i got the pistol and three mags for $569. It is certainly not a race gun but was a lot of fun to shoot.

If you have any questions let me know.

1slander1970
I went to Clark Bros range in Warrenton, VA this past Saturday and put another 50 rounds through my Tisas A2 1911. I was using Federal Target Ammo and I had zero malfunctions of any sort.

For the money this pistol shoots great. I cannot say enough about the pistol or the Mec Gear magazines that came with the pistol. I removed the Hogue Grips and put the Walnut Grips back on. Last weekend I had put some Linseed Oil on the grips for protection and finish.

I have thoroughly cleaned it with REM Oil after each firing period and the pistol just works great. I want to put another couple of hundred rounds through it before I declare victory though. I will keep posting after I go to the range again.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 AM
kolya kolya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 118
Thanks for the review, is this a series 70 pistol?
__________________
"You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out...
If people only understood the rank injustice of the money and banking system, there would be a revolution by morning." --Andrew Jackson

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 PM
denoxster denoxster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 42
Is this GI version or enhanced version with rail?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2013, 11:19 AM
1slander1970 1slander1970 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8
With Rail

The version that I purchased is the A2 which comes with the skeltonized trigger, dual grip surfaces on the slide, ambi safety, and rail for accessories (i.e. light or laser)

Hope that this helps 1slander1970
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2013, 11:24 AM
1slander1970 1slander1970 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8
Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolya View Post
Thanks for the review, is this a series 70 pistol?
Not sure
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Corrigun Corrigun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Posts: 1,380
Here's how I figured it out (70 vs 80)-
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=362021
__________________
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2013, 11:37 AM
1911springfield 1911springfield is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NWA
Posts: 137
My Tisas zig m1911 is a 70's series with an 80's series firing pin stop. I have not seen a 1911a2 in person yet.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Corrigun Corrigun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Posts: 1,380
Then it's an 80.

Granted it's a loose term but if it has the FP stop it would be considered and 80 style pistol generally.

It's confusing I know which is why I left the link to the post.....
__________________
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-13-2013, 03:45 PM
1911springfield 1911springfield is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NWA
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_L View Post
Then it's an 80.

Granted it's a loose term but if it has the FP stop it would be considered and 80 style pistol generally.

It's confusing I know which is why I left the link to the post.....
all 1911's have a fp stop but not all have the 80's series firing pin safety, someone that know why they are different can explain why
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Corrigun Corrigun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Posts: 1,380
It should read block (not stop). Like the thread says only Colt's can really be 70's or 80's but anything with a block is colloquially called a series 80.
__________________
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-07-2013, 04:19 PM
surfish95747 surfish95747 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 126
Post some detailed pictures please! I am picking mine up next week!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Richard58 Richard58 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southwestern NC
Posts: 86
Mine is an A2. It has a series 80 firing pin block system on it. That aside it is a great 1911 for the money....no problems with it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-18-2014, 12:31 PM
love4steel love4steel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 84
Warning... Read owners Manual before Firing <--- can't BELIEVE they made a roll mark of this! What were they thinking? Couldn't you have just put a sticker?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Richard58 Richard58 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southwestern NC
Posts: 86
All the A-2 has the firing pin block safety from Tisa. made in Turkey, great gun for the money. If the gun was made in the USA it would cost a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-18-2014, 12:48 PM
nashvegasmatt nashvegasmatt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by love4steel View Post
Warning... Read owners Manual before Firing <--- can't BELIEVE they made a roll mark of this! What were they thinking? Couldn't you have just put a sticker?
Agreed.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-18-2014, 04:19 PM
rparrish rparrish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 46
i have fired right at 500 rds through my TISAS GI 1911. I bought it from BUDS about nine months ago and I have to say that at this point it has done what my previously owned Kimber 1911's (2) did not, and that is function without any hiccups. I cannot say that the TISAS is of the same overall quality as the more expensive 1911's on the market, but so far it has functioned with zero failures. However, I will note that I experienced a number of very slow RTB incidents while using the MecGar 1911 magazines. This has not happened while using Wilson 47-D or CMI Hybrid magazines.

I have owned four Colts, two Kimbers and 1 Springfield Armory GI 1911 (wish i had kept the Colts) and I am, overall, impressed with the function of this TISAS. I caught some fairly heavy grief from a few co-workers, one being the FFL who would transfer the pistol, for buying a Turk built 1911. After he received it, inspected it and eventually fired it, he purchased one for himself. I ordered one of the 1911A2 enhanced model TISAS last night from BUDS and hope to have it in my grubby hands next week. If the A2 model performs as well as my GI model, I will be a happy camper.

Last edited by rparrish; 01-18-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-18-2014, 04:26 PM
qwiksdraw qwiksdraw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparrish View Post
... I have to say that at this point it has done what my previously owned Kimber 1911's (2) did not, and that is function without any hiccups....
With that kind of performance, how in the heck can you get in any malfunction practice?
__________________
qwiksdraw

"I Miss America"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-18-2014, 04:55 PM
rparrish rparrish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
With that kind of performance, how in the heck can you get in any malfunction practice?
Good point. In all honestly, I have never kept pistols that will not function reliably, regardless of price. I have pistols from Glock, Beretta, Sig and right now, TISAS. I have owned other makes and models in the past and have only kept those that have proven reliable for me. Not sure why, but I have been dabbling in the lower cost pistol arena during the past several months just to see what works for me. I recently bought an EAA Witness in 10mm and will be taking it to the range soon to see what I think of it. If it works, I'll keep it. If not, it's a goner. I am eyeballing a CZ75-B as beng my next purchase.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-30-2014, 07:35 AM
1911cv 1911cv is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2
Bought a Tisas M1911 A2 (standard GI w/ firing pin safety) from Bud's through gunbroker.com. Shipping and transfer paid I had it in hand for $383.87. My first 1911 and I really like it. Have fired 50 rounds of 230 gr PMC and 100 rounds of Winchester white box with out any problems at all. Mecgar mag fed fine. Also picked up a Brownells 8 rd mag from Gander Mountain for $25 and it fed fine as well. Replaced the walnut grips with Hogue grip panels. I've purchased 4 guns from Bud's without any problems. I'm happy with Bud's and with Tisas!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-16-2014, 06:23 AM
fbopretired fbopretired is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
I also have a Tisas 1911 A-2 purchased from Buds. Haven't had a single complaint with the functioning ofthe pitol. I have outlined the rear and front sight post with Brite Mark oil base paint from Toro Tools. Also added some cocobolo grips purchased off e-bay.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Richard58 Richard58 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southwestern NC
Posts: 86
I own a Tisa Zig and same here no problems. My Colt series 80 is close to being considered a jam-a-matic for a factory gun. Had to believe I paid big money for a new Colt 1911 and it needs tuning to run right. For what I paid it should be right from the factory NIB.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-23-2014, 11:52 PM
peacebutready peacebutready is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southwest U.S.
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
My Colt series 80 is close to being considered a jam-a-matic for a factory gun. Had to believe I paid big money for a new Colt 1911 and it needs tuning to run right. For what I paid it should be right from the factory NIB.
Did you consider sending it back to Colt?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved