1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 06-08-2003, 07:14 PM

Hogues

I recently bought some hogue grips and installed the on my Para P16-40. There seems to be a problem though:

They are either too big or defective. On the top of and on the bottom of the finger grooves, it seems there is an excess of rubber so it is not tight against the gun. It is really aggrivating me. Were these grips designed solely for the P14? Should I buy new ones of contact Hogue?
Old 06-08-2003, 08:14 PM

I think those are the exact grips I put on my 1640. I remember the rubber on the front part was very thin. I used an X-acto knife and cut that part off to make "panel" grips out of them.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:41 PM

I bought a used 1640 with the same grips. Mine were tight around the frontstrap. I however did not like the finger grooves and opted to cut it off like bountyhunter did. I now have rubberized panel grips.

cheers!
Old 06-09-2003, 06:42 PM

P.S. Call Hogue. http://www.getgrip.com
Old 06-12-2003, 10:53 PM

I emailed hogue and sent my grips to them....the funny thing is that my sig 226 grips are doing the same thing!!! What the hell?

It says they can hack solvents and that the worst they have been through. I washed them in warm water the day I got them because they felt a little slippery but that couldnt posssibly do this..could it?
Old 06-23-2003, 01:43 AM
Banned

Well I am not so sure about the solvent thing. I got "Shooter's Choice crazy" a year or so back and I'm sure the Hogues on my P14 spent some quality time with that crap eating away at them. I feel they softened up a bit (enough to warrant replacement). After sporting 2 sets on the weapon I can tell you that the fit has always been perfect. Maybe the P16 is a hair thinner.