1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 PM

Sig 210 legend target or 226 X-Five 9 L1

Gonna sell the AR and get a new 9mm, pretty much narrowed my
choices between these great pistols. Right around the same price,
so thats a non factor. I've held both guns but not in the same shop.
I'm leaning toward the 226 X5 L1 but some are telling me save the cash
and get the comp or the all around model. And of course theres still that
P210 legend target. Any thoughts from you all before I "pull the trigger".
Thanks.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 AM

IMO the Competiton offers the best value for what you get, which is an outstanding pistol on the par of the L1 except for the adjustable trigger and the Nill Grips which can be purchased directly from SIG at a later time.

I've shot all of the pistols you have mentioned and decided to buy the Comp model and I am extremely satisfied.

I can shoot it to its potential too so I really appreciate what it can do.

You can't go wrong with any of your choices although I believe you sould stick to one of the SA only pistols rather than the all DA/SA around.

The 210 Target is a fine pistol but it just doesn't feel right my hands and I find it's capacity lacking as well.

Last edited by Oldsalt65; 02-04-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 AM

Thanks I didn't know the allround was DA, as for capacity not a big deal
as I only load 5 at a time.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM

This probably won't be of any help at all since I've never shot the Sig 210. But, i'm sure you've read the Sig X-5 model is more or less the unofficial next generation of the Sig 210.

I own three X-5 models; the All Around in 9mm (SA/DA) with decocker, Competition in .40s&w (SA only), and the L1 in .40s&w (SA only).

The Sig X-5 is the best pistol I've ever owned. And that includes a lot of outstanding guns (Dawson tuned STI Edge and Tactical, Les Baers, Ed Browns, etc, etc.).

I compete in USPSA and use the All Around in Production division, and use the L1 in Limited division. I used to use the Competition in Limited division, but have since gone to the L1 because of the adjustable trigger.

Which one to get depends on the use. I have many 1911's, and the X-5 shoots as well or better groupings than even my high end 1911's. For just plain old target shooting I'd get the Competition model. Very sweet 4.5# factory trigger right out of the box but gets better with use. For competition use with a SA only, get the L1 with adjustable trigger. It's more expensive than the Competition model but the adjustable trigger is worth it. It's extremely easy to adjust and you can dial the trigger in to your exact needs. If you need DA/SA, then obviously go with the All Around.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM

I see the 210 as a cool collector piece. Not that it doesn't perform its job admirably. It does, and should be shoot as often as you can get the chance! Just that it looks like a classic, and is. Kind of like my M1 Garand. In lots of ways an AR makes more sense, but I don't want an AR. I shoot a Garand.

I'd love the looks of both. But if I had to choose one, I would pick the one that I could use easily in competition, with a wide variety of holster choices etc. I'm actually on the hunt for an X5 all around. Hard to find these days...

But owning both would the best solution
Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 PM

Back when the 9mm was the in thing I went through all of them. The only one I wish I had not sold was the 210-6 but that was really a special target pistol---most accurate with almost all ammo was the P88... Would love to have another but it is a 9mm and I have no more componets to load for it anymore..
Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 PM

I have both and prefer the P210 Legend Target.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 AM

The choice has been made, and a new 226 X-5 L1 is in the safe.
No buyers remorse here.