1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 06-09-2003, 04:39 PM

Holster recommendation for 12.45 LDA?

Can anyone recommend a good carry holster for my 12.45 LDA? I was thinking of carrying in the pants, at the small of my back, but if anyone has any other suggestions, Id like to hear them.

We just got CCW and I dont expect my permit for a few weeks yet, but I wanted to practice carry around my property.

One last thing about carrying the 12.45 LDA: Anyone find it too bulky to carry because of the double stack? I was thinking of getting the 6.45, but since I already have the 12.45 and really like it, Id like to carry that.

All comments are appreciated!
Old 06-09-2003, 06:43 PM

Have a C7.45 LDA... the Galco NSA II IWB holster works for me.

What I really like about it is the belt clip is on a flap next to the trigger guard, and it does not add bulk or thickness to the holster. Can be carried at the hip, but I prefer mine just over my back pocket.

=======================================
"Freedom of speech is ultra important so stupid people will make their stupid statements so we know how stupid they are." ... Ted Nugent
Old 06-10-2003, 12:37 PM

Safariland 560 seems to be a good holster, I have two of them one for an officers size gun and one for a full size gun. The ones I have are paddle holsters but they do make a belt slide to fit the 560. Wearing the holster behind the hip with a loose shirt seems easy enough to conceal. I've not found a double stack any harder to conceal than the single stack, but that depends on ones build and how they choose to wear the gun. Which ever one you would choose to carry I believe Para has a model of gun to do the job.
Regards
Bob Hunter
(816) 675-2340
www.huntercustoms.com
Old 06-18-2003, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tut
Have a C7.45 LDA... the Galco NSA II IWB holster works for me.

What I really like about it is the belt clip is on a flap next to the trigger guard, and it does not add bulk or thickness to the holster. Can be carried at the hip, but I prefer mine just over my back pocket.
How do you like carrying this? Is it too heavy? I have a CCW47S on layaway and am a bit converned about the weight.

Thanks

NRA Member
Colt Lightweight Commander, Kimber Custom II, Kimber Custom TLE II RL,Kimber Ultra TLE II, Kimber Raptor Pro II SS.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:37 AM

John45

Carrying the C7.45 IWB in cooler weather with a light jacket is ok. The weight over the right rear pocket don't bother me at all (after a while).

BUT... in this part of Texas cooler weather only lasts from November through February. The rest of the time I carry a Kel-Tec P-32 (about to get upgraded to a Kel-Tec 3-AT), either in a front pocket holster or a Desantis belt pouch. Even so, the C7.45 still rides with me in the center console of my truck (yes, driving a truck in Texas is darn near mandatory).

=======================================
"Freedom of speech is ultra important so stupid people will make their stupid statements so we know how stupid they are." ... Ted Nugent
Old 06-19-2003, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tut
John45

Carrying the C7.45 IWB in cooler weather with a light jacket is ok. The weight over the right rear pocket don't bother me at all (after a while).

BUT... in this part of Texas cooler weather only lasts from November through February. The rest of the time I carry a Kel-Tec P-32 (about to get upgraded to a Kel-Tec 3-AT), either in a front pocket holster or a Desantis belt pouch. Even so, the C7.45 still rides with me in the center console of my truck (yes, driving a truck in Texas is darn near mandatory).
Thanks, I intend to use this for CCW. I am in PA so it is cool most of the year, summer this year may not be warm at all either. I love everything else about this gun. I am carrying a Beretta 8000 now and some days it does feel heavy.

Thanks

NRA Member
Colt Lightweight Commander, Kimber Custom II, Kimber Custom TLE II RL,Kimber Ultra TLE II, Kimber Raptor Pro II SS.