1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 PM

New Para Black Ops/ Lettering issue

Picked up a new Para Black Ops a few hours ago. I ordered it from Grab a Gun and had it sent to Bass Pro to process the transfer. Everything on the gun is tight and fitted nicely...but there is something up with the lettering on both sides. I know the gun is stainless but it looks like rust. I tried a little CLP on a rag and it didn't wipe off. Here's a pic. Are there any issues like this with the Para's? I did a little research and everything on the Black Ops and Limited were very complimentary on the finish of the guns reviewed. I checked with grab A gun before I ordered and was assured the gun was new production and their inventory turns over too fast for it to be a older model. Was kind of hoping for the new emblem with the winged skull but that's not a big deal. Risk of ordering a gun online I assume. I am sure Para will make it right. Going to try to go shoot it tomorrow before I have to send it back in.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:21 PM

Sir,

I sent you a PM. We will get this taken care of immediately.

Thank you,
Travis
Para USA
Old 11-10-2012, 11:01 PM

^^^Thats impressive customer service. I always kinda wanted a lil Para Hog, this pushed me over the edge Be going to the LGS Monday.Mike
Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 PM

Thanks for the rapid fire response. I choose the Para after looking at a few other "tactical" style 1911's. Mainly the Sig TacOps, Scorpion and Extreme. I love my Sig 1911's I own, but after handling a frame my gunsmith was building a race gun off of and comparing the grip size to my C3 with Houge G10 grips there was little difference in width and twice the fire power. Seeing you and PARA take care of issues is why I went with the Black Ops.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 AM

maybe its me..but this is a problem how? Go shoot the pistol and enjoy it...it is a tool not a piece of art.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnranger View Post
it is a tool not a piece of art.
Tools should be rust free.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM

My GI Expert is the same way, no rust but where it says Para 1911 on the slide it looks like it wasn't engraved deep enough.. The bottom of the 9 is very faint.. I bought it 2 weeks ago.. It's the SS version..
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 AM

Rust is like any serious disease in a human. Let it go too far, and there won't be much left to save. It takes time, but I think this is less about that, and more about Para doing the right thing. Would you buy a car new from a dealership with rust spots on the door?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 PM

Just have to thank Travis, he has responded with a quickness! Packing up the gun to ship back to Para.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 AM

Little sneak peak of the rebuild. Travis has gone above and beyond so far. I'll tell more about it later.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:12 PM

Awesome service and love the winged skull! Is that the new standard engraving??