1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Colt

Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 AM

Ok Colt made some EXCELLENT design changes over the standard model! They totally changed the rail section to eliminate the “hard” corner. Look at the wide section and rounded radiuses of the channel. The FCS have been moved forward and are wider hence distributing possible stresses. The duel spring and to the changes in the dust cover…..Now I fully understand Brent’s reference to “lots of dimensional differences” Nice Job COLT!

Dang I like it!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM

What's the "poundage" on the dual spring recoil springs...16, 18, 20?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:30 PM

I'm intrigued by this gun, because it's what the USMC is using. I don't really care for the color at all, though. What testing did the military put this gun through before awarding the contract? I wonder how it stacks up to the Springfield Professional, which went through some serious testing for Springfield won that contract. I know the obvious answer will be, "It's carried in the field by the USMC. What other testing do you need?" I'm interested in knowing what tests it went through before the USMC was carrying it in the field.
1911s: Wilson Combat: Presidential Classic, CQB 9mm, CQB Compact Nighthawk: Bob Marvel .45 and .22 Ed Brown: Classic Custom, Executive Carry, Special Forces Les Baer: UTC 1.5", TRS Springfield: Pro, Pro LR, Champ Oper Colt: ANVII 100th Anniv Ed Alchemy Custom Springfield Loaded 9mm, Springfield Mil-Spec
Ordered: Wilson Combat: Tactical Supergrade Alchemy Custom: Custom build
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM

SA lost to Colt in the trials............................................ Troy
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikegodtroll View Post
SA lost to Colt in the trials............................................ Troy
Great. Which pistol did Springfield submit? Did they submit the Professional or the MC Operator? Quite a difference between them. What testing were the guns put through?

EDIT: Just read that Springfield entered a Loaded MC Operator in the trials. That gun isn't on the same level as the Professional. So I still wonder how this Colt compares to the Professional.

And no, I'm not trolling. As I said before, I'm intrigued by this Colt, since it's the USMC gun. I like the historical aspect of it. I'm just curious how it stacks up to other contract guns and what kind of testing the USMC performed on the trial guns.
1911s: Wilson Combat: Presidential Classic, CQB 9mm, CQB Compact Nighthawk: Bob Marvel .45 and .22 Ed Brown: Classic Custom, Executive Carry, Special Forces Les Baer: UTC 1.5", TRS Springfield: Pro, Pro LR, Champ Oper Colt: ANVII 100th Anniv Ed Alchemy Custom Springfield Loaded 9mm, Springfield Mil-Spec

Last edited by Live2Ride; 11-20-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:53 PM

It's ALL OVER the forum here. Search man, search.

http://1911enthusiast.com/showthread...ssional-PC9111
Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plexi View Post
It's ALL OVER the forum here. Search man, search.
My apologies. I thought this was a discussion about this particular pistol in this thread.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it a little irritating when people just tell others to use the search function when they could easily point someone to a specific thread or just tell them the information. Then again, I guess some find it irritating when someone asks a question that's been answered before.

I'll find the information I'm looking for. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:02 PM

I will stick with my s&a mcoperator lifetime warrenty
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 PM

Maybe I didn't have the time to accommodate your specific needs.

No worries, I'm not irritated.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plexi View Post
Maybe I didn't have the time to accommodate your specific needs.

No worries, I'm not irritated.
Maybe I'm too lazy to search and just wanted a quick answer.

I'm over it.

I love my Pro Operator, and I can't wait to get my non-railed Pro. If this Colt is anything close to the Pro, it will be a great gun. Plus, it will have the historical aspect of being a USMC contract gun, like the Pro has the historical aspect of being the FBI/DEA/HRT contract gun.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
Maybe I'm too lazy to search and just wanted a quick answer.

I'm over it.

I love my Pro Operator, and I can't wait to get my non-railed Pro. If this Colt is anything close to the Pro, it will be a great gun. Plus, it will have the historical aspect of being a USMC contract gun, like the Pro has the historical aspect of being the FBI/DEA/HRT contract gun.
Glad you got the humor.

I think the Colt and the Pro would be apples to oranges. I enjoy both and will shoot them like crazy.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
While we are waiting for the release.....
http://sheriffjimwilson.com/2012/10/...ne-corps-colt/
Check the serial number; EGA = Eagle, Globe, Anchor !!!

Semper Fi
Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che View Post

Semper Fi
Good catch, that is really too cool. Can't wait to get mine.

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore, what he must be taught to fear is his victim." Jeff Cooper
Old 11-25-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che View Post

Semper Fi
Upon closer inspection of the scanner code and the 3 lines to the right, it appears the Colt Model is 1070CORP (line 2) and the serial number is on Line 3. Can anyone decipher the rest of it?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
Upon closer inspection of the scanner code and the 3 lines to the right, it appears the Colt Model is 1070CORP (line 2) and the serial number is on Line 3. Can anyone decipher the rest of it?
I think line 2 is actually 1070CQBP (Close Quarter Battle Pistol).

Would also be interested to know what line 1 means.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:01 PM

I want one! I might have missed it but how do I order one? Since it comes through the custom shop can anything be added to it or would you have to send it back at a later time. Just wondering. Jeff.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
First line is for manufacturer #. Colt Defense LLC = 13629
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tflhnd1 View Post
I want one! I might have missed it but how do I order one? Since it comes through the custom shop can anything be added to it or would you have to send it back at a later time. Just wondering. Jeff.
Same
Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 PM

Anyone know if the slide and frame are going to come from Colt Defense to the CCS for fit and assembly?

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore, what he must be taught to fear is his victim." Jeff Cooper
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 AM

Colt MFG makes the frames and slides for the Marine gun. We build them, shoot them and inspect them, then they are transfered to Colt Defense.
Brent
Old 11-27-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJT72 View Post
Colt MFG makes the frames and slides for the Marine gun. We build them, shoot them and inspect them, then they are transfered to Colt Defense.
Brent
Thanks Brent, after the long weekend you looked like you were going to be busy, so I just thought I would post the question here and hoped you would answer it when you got a chance. I'm sure others will want to know that information also.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 PM

Could somebody elaborate on the "dual spring recoil" thing? What is the reason for this over the gi plug?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 PM

Does the M45 have a long trigger pull? That would kill any future purchase by me.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanoboy7 View Post
Does the M45 have a long trigger pull? That would kill any future purchase by me.
No.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:56 AM

In the interest of weight savings, does it have a "composite" mainspring housing?