1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 PM

http://www.whitehatholsters.com/

great stuff here they have good customer service but don't believe the lifetime guarantee.i have a screw stuck on mine that prevents me from just switching the kydex peaces i email them and i was in a nutshell told to get bent. drill the screw out(which i did once). Will i buy anther holster from them yes i would the holster is great and comfy i will just buy the leather and the clips and i will just live with 2 holsters
Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned

TR slides, with light

http://www.akerleather.com/off-duty-...2%84%A2&id=167

One of my old duty holsters for G17 works fine with the TR slide and a TLR-1.

I hate/love that holster pile.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:28 AM

Sig Sauer 1911 holster thread for Sig Sauer slide profile guns.

Hello; I have a tac-pac 1911 with no rail or forward slide sirations. here's a couple of not too clear pics of a blackhawk serpa 2 'duty holster' that's strapped to a GI pistol belt. left hand holster. This handgun fits very well, but I noticed a very little bit of 'grab' on the slide of the gun.(snug if you will) This can be smoothed out easily I'm thinking with some sand paper on the inside of the holster .
otherwise, it fits. I like this holster because it hangs lower on the hip. the price was right and I like it. ordered from midway. p.s. the tac-pac holster only comes in right hand version and has a magazine attachment for one mag. which holds the mag very loose. I sent my handgun back to sig for an ambi safety, front night sight and feed ramp polish. I asked them if they could swap the holster for a left hand version, they said no. it only comes in right hand . I'm glad because I like the serpa much better.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00742.jpg   DSC00743.jpg  

Last edited by iwharper; 06-16-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:56 PM

I wish Blackhawk would make a Serpa CQC holster for the Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911.Some say the Serpa holster made for the Colt 1911 & Clones with or without rails works but I dont want a crappy fit.
I called Blackhawk today and ask them and they could not recommend me a Serpa CQC holster for my Sig Scorpion 1911 and no plans to make one.Odd.
I have a Serpa CQC for my XD40sc and its perfect,love the holster.

Last edited by BO$$TANK; 06-18-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM

Recoil plug? Plus iTac usage observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom2 View Post
Who made this recoil spring plug? Also I have the 5" Target with the non-traditional slide and the iTac Defense holster shown above. Clearly it works for the non-traditional slide (square shouldered), but it's tunnel's shape (oval shoulders at the top of the slide area) is made for the traditional. Due to this, the sharper edges of the non-traditional slide gouge out little slivers of plastic until it "beds in". It still works as advertised though.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Bvia, my gun has a full length guide rod and that is the plug for it.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom2 View Post
Bvia, my gun has a full length guide rod and that is the plug for it.
Understand and thank you for the quick reply!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscharlie View Post
http://www.usgalco.com/Default.asp

While I do not have a Galco for my SIG RCS, I do have other Galco products and they are functional and well-made. They offer holsters for both the 4 1/4" SIG and a 5" W/Rail.
i have the n3 by galco. not very happy with it. only one belt loop and the weight of a full size 1911 not a good combo. they list it as a being for the sig w/rail but the label on the box shows it being a multi fit. when i ordered direct from galco i told them it was for a scorpion w/rail.

i will say that it is a well made holster typical of galco quality.

still shopping
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM

Try Galco

Hi everyone, go to http://www.usgalco.com I looked and they offer at least 19 different holsters for the Sig 1911 including the Quick Slide belt holster that I use to carry my Sig 1911 Ultra Compact. They also offer purses and other means of concealment as well. If you want some excellent quality products look at Galco's offerings. I use them to carry all 3 of my concealment guns!
Attached Thumbnails
QUICK_S.jpg  
Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 AM

Back when I go my first SIG 1911 Carry model with rail no one made any holsters for it, luckily I got Kramer to make one out of horsehide for me. They had to make two because they made the first one incorrectly. It's a standard item now.
http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=24

I also had Alessi Holsters make a DOJ Open Port to fit my gun. I like the lowered and reinforced mouth of the holster, it's very quick to clear leather.
http://shop.alessigunholsters.com/It...20Sauer%20Guns

Both holsters have a vertical draw and are well made, I'd recommend either one.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:25 AM

I got my holster from PHLster.com and it is great. It is for my tacops with tlr1s with 15 degree cant. Great fitment and awesome holster. Sorry for the cellphone pics.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN WILLIAM View Post
Back when I go my first SIG 1911 Carry model with rail no one made any holsters for it, luckily I got Kramer to make one out of horsehide for me. They had to make two because they made the first one incorrectly. It's a standard item now.
http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=24

I also had Alessi Holsters make a DOJ Open Port to fit my gun. I like the lowered and reinforced mouth of the holster, it's very quick to clear leather.
http://shop.alessigunholsters.com/It...20Sauer%20Guns

Both holsters have a vertical draw and are well made, I'd recommend either one.
Kramer made a holster for a gun I built from a picture I sent them. The frame had a squared off dust cover so it wasn't too difficult but I was impressed with the finished product they made from a picture.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:38 PM

http://www.winthropholsterstore.com/servlet/StoreFront

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wi...10963022292319

Nitron rail gov

Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM

I have a Nitron W/O rail, I bought a Blackhawk 'CQC' IWB leather holster w/ clip size 01 for 1911/clones, took a little work and a brief break-in period. Now it works fantastic.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Ins...,1517,1418.htm

I like this IWB with all that extra leather as opposed to the Galco Royal Guard I used with my Springfield, less skin contact (sweat) and it doesn't eat a whole in my pants!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator View Post
Don't forget about S&S holsters. Great products!

http://ssholsters.com/S%26S_Holsters/HOMEPAGE.html
Agreed, just got mine 2 days ago and it fits like a glove and the cant is perfect for me. Great holster. Will see how it holds up, but it's leather so what could go wrong? LOL

Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 AM

Picked up a BLACKHAWK CQC Holster yesterday. On the package it says all 1911 clones, with and w/out rail. I figured I would give it a shot. My TacOps fits nice, a bit snug, but I keep the gun coated in oil, so I'm not concerned. All in all a good purchase, I had been wanting a paddle holster for around the house and at the range and the BLACKHAWK fits the bill.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 AM

This is Bianchi's "CarryLok" that has a lock that holds the trigger guard until the finger button is depressed.

I use it for all my 1911s; I had to work the full sized Sig GSR in and out for a while but the holster works very well with the railed gun - without a light or laser attached obviously.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBreeze1911 View Post
Picked up a BLACKHAWK CQC Holster yesterday. On the package it says all 1911 clones, with and w/out rail. I figured I would give it a shot. My TacOps fits nice, a bit snug, but I keep the gun coated in oil, so I'm not concerned. All in all a good purchase, I had been wanting a paddle holster for around the house and at the range and the BLACKHAWK fits the bill.
What's the part #?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfHunter View Post
What's the part #?
I'm not sure where I would find that? I threw the packaging out immediately. I'll check the actual holster and post here when I can. If it helps, it's the one with the button on the outside you push to release the gun. It's great as it puts the index finger right above the trigger guard on the frame ready to go once it clears the holster, if that makes sense.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfHunter View Post
I have crossbreed super tuck for my railed sigs.

http://crossbreedholsters.com/

On a side note I need a paddle holster for bs use. Does the serpa work?
Yes a Serpa for 1911 works just fine, it just rides the corners of the slide.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM

Kelly gunleather also makes holsters for Sig profile 1911's. I got one in tan horsehide and it fits great.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:10 PM

Hey! So does Comp Tac

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=68

Make sure to hit the barrel length w/ raised flat top option under the drop down menu in the "model" section
Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 PM

I'm looking for a quality leather (preferably lined) owb holster for my SIG non-railed but "propriety radiused" slide (the Model TTT, to be specific). I also require a thumb-break retention strap that fits in-between the cocked hammer and the slide. Can any body recommend a holster configured this way? Thanks.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Old 07-25-2012, 05:11 PM

update on galco n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
i have the n3 by galco. not very happy with it. only one belt loop and the weight of a full size 1911 not a good combo. they list it as a being for the sig w/rail but the label on the box shows it being a multi fit. when i ordered direct from galco i told them it was for a scorpion w/rail.

i will say that it is a well made holster typical of galco quality.

still shopping
my first impression on the n3 was less than favorable. now that i spent some time with it and got it broken in i am starting to like it. the single belt loop allows it to move with you. before it was broken in i cursed the single loop as it would pull the holster up with the gun. a new thick heavy duty belt also helped.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 AM

Will these work with the Nightmare also?? Th comp-tac and serpa both don't fit it. I managed to dremel my way for a fir with the serpa but no way with the crossbreed. I have one on order from DMBullard.com so I am anxiously awaiting that to try.