1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Nighthawk

Old 06-24-2012, 11:06 AM

2 years for waiting ?

Today I got the email from george.
2 years for waiting! wa !!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:49 PM

Ouch. That is a wait. Looks like he has a couple in stock though.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:04 PM

yes ,
I think about get another model in stock
Old 06-24-2012, 04:57 PM

If I was in the market right now, I'd be eyeballing that predator he has... Or the Ed Brown Special Forces Carry... That's just me though
Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 PM

That's really a personal choice here at this point. Either wait for your pistol to be made the way you want it. Or, have some flexiability with options and choices and try to find one on the open market from a dealer that has placed an order earlier. At this point, I'd opt for that open market.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlglen101 View Post
If I was in the market right now, I'd be eyeballing that predator he has... Or the Ed Brown Special Forces Carry... That's just me though
Too late on the predator. FedEx will be delivering the funds tomorrow.

Still has the predator III though.

I stumbled across a thread where about 18 members recommended George for a NHC pistol. So i contacted him last Thursday night and you guys were right. Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:28 PM

Get you're money back, call Dave Severns, order a Bear that he has on hand and have him rework anything your want customized. It'll be 10 times the weapon and 1/2 the funds. He hand inspects his stock before sending you one tomorrow. Otherwise, take your chances on GB. YMMV
Old 06-25-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinShooter View Post
Get you're money back, call Dave Severns, order a Bear that he has on hand and have him rework anything your want customized. It'll be 10 times the weapon and 1/2 the funds. He hand inspects his stock before sending you one tomorrow. Otherwise, take your chances on GB. YMMV
It will be better, but it won't "be 10 times the weapon", and it won't be "1/2 the funds". Also, this is the Nighthawk forum, so if you want to talk about gunsmiths or companies other than NHC perhaps you could start a thread in another forum.
"Not to be unkind, but signature lines loaded with inventory lists tend to strike me as some kind a plea for validation -- and an indicator that the member in question is probably chasing his tail to a certain degree." -AC

Last edited by JesseGPresley; 06-25-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
So your saying that you will get a Baer customized even more than it is from the factory for around $1750. I think not. And it wont be 10x the gun either.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 PM

Have you guys had a NH? I have, it was absolutely the most overpraised weapon that I've ever had; and, I had the mil discount. I'd rather have a SA from the custom shop. Oh, this is the NH forum, I clicked on the New Posts button... my bad. Who orders a NH without upgrades?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Ummm severns isnt taking any more custom work. He's quite backed up. On a lighter note, I so want that predetor 3 but I will get murdered if I buy another gun.

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 06-25-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Too late on the predator. FedEx will be delivering the funds tomorrow. Still has the predator III though. I stumbled across a thread where about 18 members recommended George for a NHC pistol. So i contacted him last Thursday night and you guys were right. Thanks for the tip!
Well done! Great pistol and certainly a great dealer...George actually is more of a friend to many than just an internet dealer, absolute top notch guy to deal with..Will be looking forward to pics when you get her home!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Have you guys had a NH? I have, it was absolutely the most overpraised weapon that I've ever had; and, I had the mil discount. I'd rather have a SA from the custom shop. Oh, this is the NH forum, I clicked on the New Posts button... my bad. Who orders a NH without upgrades?
Yes, they are expensive, like WC and EB. Overpriced? If people are
willing to wait months, sorry years for a semi-custom 1911, then
the price is too low.

NH forum? So what... this is a free country.

I ordered in 2011 a stocking NHC Enforcer (caspian frame) without upgrades. The gun was/is perfect! I only changed the grips.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Yes, recently bought one. It is one of the nicest 1911's I have ever owned or shot. Excellent quality and very, very accurate.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
That wasnt my point. You said you can order a Baer and then get it worked on for around $1750. You are just lying to make a point.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Too late on the predator. FedEx will be delivering the funds tomorrow.

Still has the predator III though.

I stumbled across a thread where about 18 members recommended George for a NHC pistol. So i contacted him last Thursday night and you guys were right. Thanks for the tip!
Welcome to the forum. George is a great guy. Fortunately for me (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) George only lives 30 minutes from me. That being said, I've been able to stay off a few "almost" impulse calls and purchases on that SFC and a few Wilsons that I eyeballed for a minute
I've purchased a Nighthawk and Brown from George, and they will not likely be my last. Hopefully I'll get to shoot IDPA next month and check out his NH AAC (George, I hope you're reading this..)
Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave079 View Post
That wasnt my point... You are just lying to make a point.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:

So where is your $1750 customized Baer receipt?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 PM

Wow in six months time the wait time has doubled. In early january i ordered a hawk and was told it will be a year wait. Glad i pulled the trigger, cant wait to have it in hand.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 PM

I keep it beside your $3,500 customized NH receipt.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I keep it beside your $3,500 customized NH receipt.
I dont even own a Nighthawk. I was just calling you out on your nonsense.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the forum. George is a great guy. Fortunately for me (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) George only lives 30 minutes from me.
I'd definitely have a problem keeping money in my bank account if I lived that close to George. It would be nice to check out some of those fine firearms he gets in stock in person though. Around here there aren't too many gun shops anymore to browse, a lot has changed in ten years. Now more than ever the internet is the best option, and finding a great dealer is a big plus. There are just a few here on the 1911 forum that are really exceptional and fantastic to deal with. And George is on the top of the list here. I purchased my NH from him a few years back and it's by far one of my favorites.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Knock off the personal comments.
Thanks,
Old 06-26-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst1mortym View Post
Well done! Great pistol and certainly a great dealer...George actually is more of a friend to many than just an internet dealer, absolute top notch guy to deal with..Will be looking forward to pics when you get her home!
Quote:
Welcome to the forum. George is a great guy. Fortunately for me (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) George only lives 30 minutes from me. That being said, I've been able to stay off a few "almost" impulse calls and purchases on that SFC and a few Wilsons that I eyeballed for a minute
I've purchased a Nighthawk and Brown from George, and they will not likely be my last. Hopefully I'll get to shoot IDPA next month and check out his NH AAC (George, I hope you're reading this..)
Thanks! George is super to deal with. It's due to arrive tomorrow. I'm eager to get some rounds through it! This is my second 1911, I bought my first one about 5 weeks ago. Was bitten by the bug pretty badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst1mortym View Post
I'd definitely have a problem keeping money in my bank account if I lived that close to George. It would be nice to check out some of those fine firearms he gets in stock in person though. Around here there aren't too many gun shops anymore to browse, a lot has changed in ten years. Now more than ever the internet is the best option, and finding a great dealer is a big plus. There are just a few here on the 1911 forum that are really exceptional and fantastic to deal with. And George is on the top of the list here. I purchased my NH from him a few years back and it's by far one of my favorites.
I'm glad I don't live closer to him as well. I already have thoughts of getting a compact 1911 for my carry pistol. Geez, I guess that'll be a little while before that happens.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:31 AM

Joe, congrats on your new NH. Please post a pic and impressions when you get it home! George's lay-a-way plan is a pretty good option these days, especially if you want to get any NH customized with all kinds of options. Besides the wait on the build you'd have more than enough time to pay it in full before it gets to your doorstep. I ordered a classic supergrade from George and was told by George that Wilson quoted about a years wait on the build with the extra options I wanted. I figured it would put me in my tax refund period and it would come home completely paid for at that time. My luck, Wilson actually took about 7mos to build it fully optioned and I was left scrambling to put the rest of the balance together which I did with time to spare, but it was a big surprise being built to specs as quick as they did. Though even if I didn't have it totally paid for at the time it was delivered to George, I'd still have an additional year to pay it if I wished. I just wanted it as soon as it became available. The wait is the hardest part, and if it is in fact a 2 year build for NH's, you'd have more than adequate time to pay it in full before it's finished.