1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 PM

I have a 938 on the way.......glad I read this before I stripped it !!

evilted:

Have you measured the trigger pull on your 938?

Last edited by jrprich; 06-18-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:59 AM
1911 Aficionado

That's the same trigger bar/disconnector set-up that Star used in the PD, and maybe their other compact, pseudo-1911s, too? Star thought to put the disconnector in a dovetail, and since the frame wall is very thin there anyway, the edges of the dovetail were paper-thin. My frame cracked right on the dovetail.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrprich View Post
I have a 938 on the way.......glad I read this before I stripped it !!

evilted:

Have you measured the trigger pull on your 938?

Nope, I haven't. Subjectively speaking, it was pretty stout feeling before I took it to the range, but after 250 break-in rounds it doesn't feel appreciably different than my P238 which has well over 500 rounds through it.

Incidentally, Sig customer service told me today that the loose and lost grip screws were my fault because I didn't go over the firearm thoroughly prior to using it, and that I should loctite them to prevent this from happening again. I suppose I should perform metal fatigue tests on the internal components as well in the name of being a responsible owner? . Anyway, they were similarly unhelpful on the subject of 115gr ammo, but I'm confident that the gun will cycle the cheap stuff well enough in another 250 rounds as there's plenty of evidence that its breaking in well.

Still think they could have comped me the missing grip screw considering it obviously hadn't been torqued properly. So, the first and only time I've ever had a reason to call Sig customer service, they fail to impress.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM

Glad I read this tonight, I am picking mine up from my FFL tomorrow. $649 shipped from Bigdeez pawn in AZ, via Gunsamerica
Old 06-21-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriebeling View Post
Glad I read this tonight, I am picking mine up from my FFL tomorrow. $649 shipped from Bigdeez pawn in AZ, via Gunsamerica
Good price for a 938, which model did you get?
Old 06-23-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Good price for a 938, which model did you get?
Extreme, also surprised I got the 6 and 7 round mags, thought I might only get the 7 round mag per the listings description.

Shoots great, grip screws needed to be tightened after shooting, I will probably add some blue lock-tite.

Shot several different handloads, Sierra 125gr RN, 124 gr XTP, and147 XTP.
Same rounds I use in my Kimber Solo CDP.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriebeling View Post
grip screws needed to be tightened after shooting, I will probably add some blue lock-tite.
Try some small O rings......works great on all my grip screws
Old 06-24-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerider View Post
Thanks Ranger 230

I just put the 938 back together and it seems to function fine.... but I am still puzzled.
Its also puzzling that it functioned "fine" without it. Glad you got it figured out, I am getting one of these after all the kinks get wrung out. I sort of make it policy never to buy a first years production of both guns and cars. look forward to a range report.
NRA Life Member
Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDave1911 View Post
Its also puzzling that it functioned "fine" without it. Glad you got it figured out, I am getting one of these after all the kinks get wrung out. I sort of make it policy never to buy a first years production of both guns and cars. look forward to a range report.
In all fairness, when I said that it functioned fine without the piece back in it, I was referring to hand cycling the P938 on my work bench when it was back together. That seemed to work all right, but I had not shot it at that point.

Took it back apart today to Frog Lube it, it cycles very smooth now, worked the slide action by hand a couple of hundred times today. Magazines have been loaded for almost two weeks so the springs should be fine, will be going shooting this week.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Glad I saw this thread, I picked up my Extreme today, $629.00 plus tax I am impressed with this little guy, have not shot it yet, but cant wait.
Fits several of my old holsters too.

Good luck and good shootin to ya'll

J.W.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
Glad I saw this thread, I picked up my Extreme today, $629.00 plus tax J.W.
Where did you buy your Extreme and was it the only one they had?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Where did you buy your Extreme and was it the only one they had?
Twas a mom and pop in my area.
The first and only one they have received. I had traded 3 a while back and left a wad on deposit for the P938.
I really like this gun! The wife applied for her CPL the same day I picked up the SIG she can rack the slide on this one as easy as she can the P238 I could be in trouble.....

J.W.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
Old 09-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDave1911 View Post
digging up an old thread i know, but the reason the gun still functions without this piece is because it is only there to keep the gun from firing out of battery. there is a small notch cut into the slide that allows this piece to raise up when the slide is in full battery. when the slide is out of battery it pushes that piece down into the trigger bar and doesnt allow it to fire. removing that piece simply allows the trigger to function while the slide is out of battery.