1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Kydex and Leather Gear

Old 06-23-2012, 12:22 AM

Pro TLE/RL II Holster

Just purchased a Pro TLE/RL II, saved a little cash with a trade in so looking for a holster to fit the rail and future light. Any recommendations for this? Here is a pic of the growing family; Pro CDP II, Classic Custom Royal and the new TL/RL II.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0913.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	83347
Old 06-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Moving to Kydex and Leather. I have the 5" version, but no holster. I'll make my own next time I order Kydex.

Robert
Old 06-23-2012, 12:43 AM

Sorry about the location. Was going to post the pic then thought about asking for help finding holster. Haven't seen much searching the net.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Bagdad_45 wrote,
looking for a holster to fit the rail and future light.
I don't know what your intention is, but I think you need one holster for the pistol without the light and another holster for the pistol with the light attached. The holster will typically provide some retention around the the light and if you wear the pistol without the light in a light compatible holster, it will not fit properly.

There are very few leather makers that accommodate light mounted pistols, but nearly all will make holsters for a railed Kimber Pro. You may want to look at our OWB or IWB picture threads for some ideas.

OWB Picture Thread.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=204433

IWB Picture Thread
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthre...ghlight=tmoore

Most kydex makers will also cover the railed Kimber Pro, but here are a couple that I think do make light compatible holsters for the Kimber Pro.

Raven Concealment
http://www.ravenconcealment.com/hols...ster-1911-type

Garrett Industries
http://garrettindustries.mybigcommer...tical-no-hood/

While the Raven can be worn OWB or IWB just by switching attachments, I can't imagine using the holster as a light compatible IWB holster. My Raven is my primary IWB holster, and while it is quite thin, a model with a light attached would be a lot of kydex to stick in your pants.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 PM

Multiple Holsters

jtq I think you are right. Thinking about it this morning I can never see carrying with the light. Adding the light would be a good night stand option though. Thanks for the links to the other thread. I have a little more searching on the web to do now.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:08 PM

i just recently got a tle/rl ii as well and im looking for a holster as well....
Old 06-24-2012, 01:27 AM

I am going to a few shops tomorrow to see what there might be, but based on what i see so far it looks like a custom for this gun.