1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Browning Hi-Power

Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 PM

picked up my second Hi power today

I was killing time in my LGS and saw a 1994 hi power practical in excellent condition looking lonely in the case. It looked so lonesome without any other hi powers around not talk with so I bought it so it could keep my 1984 hi power company. It will become my EDC gun very soon.

Would post pics, but we know what they look like. Besides, I can't seem to ever get the lighting right for gun photos.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 PM

good find, lonely HP's tend to get in trouble...................
Old 06-22-2012, 01:24 AM

Awesome! Shoot it in good health.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings both sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 AM
Banned

This is a practical frame with a spare slide converted from nickel to HC.

Sometimes it is easier to get the composition right when the gun is not two tone.

I still recall all the details of my second hi power which happened to be first mk ll. A second hi power was a real turning point for me. I began my quest to use every available fixed rear sight on the market. Time to slow down.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:00 PM

Chuntaro,

Which is your favorite rear sight(s) so far???

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong." ~ Inspector O
Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 PM

I was SUPPOSED to pick up my second BHP today but they didn't have it in the system in time so I'll have to get it next week. Congrats and your BHP getting a safe-mate, and enjoy!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 PM

Congrats!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:10 AM

Congrats and thank God you rescued her from the loneliness. Just be careful - they tend to multiply when left alone in the safe. As far as pictures go, I have found that the best ones I've taken were outside during the day. The natural light sans flash seems to produce the clearest, sharpest, and most non-reflective pictures.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Banned

Mr burgs:

I must confess there will be some deceptive math in my answer. My favorite sight as of today is the one I only have one of because it is not for sale on the market. If you do not believe this math then go with the other math. The sight I have purchased and installed the most of is the quincy Illinois classic. I must add there are two sights I know of I have yet to try but I am workin on that too.