1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Les Baer

Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 AM

"Nothing "wrong" with your gun except it doesn't work properly. I believe that just a nice inspection and tune by a qualified 1911 plumber will get you on the road to satisfaction."

Aren't there any qualified 1911 plumbers at Les Baer?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolueb View Post
"Nothing "wrong" with your gun except it doesn't work properly. I believe that just a nice inspection and tune by a qualified 1911 plumber will get you on the road to satisfaction."

Aren't there any qualified 1911 plumbers at Les Baer?
Sure, but the guy said he's not calling Baer back.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBravo View Post
Sure, but the guy said he's not calling Baer back.
I wasn't suggesting he send it back to Baer again.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:12 AM

They already had a crack at fixing the issue. Just saying that there are plenty of qualified guys out there that can take the time to diagnose the issue, and get it taken care of properly. Sometimes in a busy manufacturing facility, like Baer, repairs sit on the back burner, and when it comes time to do them, they get done hastily.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlchemyCustom View Post
They already had a crack at fixing the issue. Just saying that there are plenty of qualified guys out there that can take the time to diagnose the issue, and get it taken care of properly. Sometimes in a busy manufacturing facility, like Baer, repairs sit on the back burner, and when it comes time to do them, they get done hastily.
I may get back to you on some plumbing. I had one of those Baers on the back burner that was hastily done. I've started doing some plumbing on my own, it might be getting better.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkamshad View Post
I only use high quality factory ammo (230 gr.)
Can anyone suggest a solution?
K2
As has been stated above, you need to state the exact ammunition used. What you or your LGS thinks is high quality ammo may be under powered.

I think it shows very poor form to disrespect Les on a public forum until you call him and try to work the problem out. Would any pro like a bashing when they have had Just one look at it? No. Les isn't going to shoot a pistol 50 times to see if has a double feed!!! You should pay for the ammo that you require to test your pistol above normal testing ammunition.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 AM

Definitely good advice here. Les builds the best product you can buy at that price point. I would give him a shot at making it right again. My only reason for suggesting someone else was that the OP appeared to not have the gumption to try again. Maybe I was wrong, but that's what I read into his posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdc01 View Post
As has been stated above, you need to state the exact ammunition used. What you or your LGS thinks is high quality ammo may be under powered.

I think it shows very poor form to disrespect Les on a public forum until you call him and try to work the problem out. Would any pro like a bashing when they have had Just one look at it? No. Les isn't going to shoot a pistol 50 times to see if has a double feed!!! You should pay for the ammo that you require to test your pistol above normal testing ammunition.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 PM

Any update on this?

I carry a gun because a cop won't fit in my pocket.

COTEP #CBOB0505
Old 08-12-2012, 09:24 PM

I don't know anything about this specific situation, but I must confirm that it is quite possible. During recoil the first round shakes loose of the magazine, while the second round is stripped by the slide going forward, as it should, and tries to chamber only to strike the already-chambered round. Like a poster said on the first page, it's an inertia-caused double feed. It has happened to me a couple of times, and I actually came upon this thread doing a search on the subject.
Con Libertad, my new Spanish-language RKBA blog
Old 08-19-2012, 09:22 PM

So did the OP end up sending it back again? I also find it real hard to believe that Les would mistreat one of his customers.