1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Les Baer


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Bobolueb Bobolueb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90



"Nothing "wrong" with your gun except it doesn't work properly. I believe that just a nice inspection and tune by a qualified 1911 plumber will get you on the road to satisfaction."

Aren't there any qualified 1911 plumbers at Les Baer?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:52 AM
CastleBravo CastleBravo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolueb View Post
"Nothing "wrong" with your gun except it doesn't work properly. I believe that just a nice inspection and tune by a qualified 1911 plumber will get you on the road to satisfaction."

Aren't there any qualified 1911 plumbers at Les Baer?
Sure, but the guy said he's not calling Baer back.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Bobolueb Bobolueb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBravo View Post
Sure, but the guy said he's not calling Baer back.
I wasn't suggesting he send it back to Baer again.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-18-2012, 08:12 AM
AlchemyCustom AlchemyCustom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneseo, Il.
Posts: 2,120
They already had a crack at fixing the issue. Just saying that there are plenty of qualified guys out there that can take the time to diagnose the issue, and get it taken care of properly. Sometimes in a busy manufacturing facility, like Baer, repairs sit on the back burner, and when it comes time to do them, they get done hastily.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Bobolueb Bobolueb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlchemyCustom View Post
They already had a crack at fixing the issue. Just saying that there are plenty of qualified guys out there that can take the time to diagnose the issue, and get it taken care of properly. Sometimes in a busy manufacturing facility, like Baer, repairs sit on the back burner, and when it comes time to do them, they get done hastily.
I may get back to you on some plumbing. I had one of those Baers on the back burner that was hastily done. I've started doing some plumbing on my own, it might be getting better.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
rdc01 rdc01 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkamshad View Post
I only use high quality factory ammo (230 gr.)
Can anyone suggest a solution?
K2
As has been stated above, you need to state the exact ammunition used. What you or your LGS thinks is high quality ammo may be under powered.

I think it shows very poor form to disrespect Les on a public forum until you call him and try to work the problem out. Would any pro like a bashing when they have had Just one look at it? No. Les isn't going to shoot a pistol 50 times to see if has a double feed!!! You should pay for the ammo that you require to test your pistol above normal testing ammunition.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 AM
AlchemyCustom AlchemyCustom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneseo, Il.
Posts: 2,120
Definitely good advice here. Les builds the best product you can buy at that price point. I would give him a shot at making it right again. My only reason for suggesting someone else was that the OP appeared to not have the gumption to try again. Maybe I was wrong, but that's what I read into his posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rdc01 View Post
As has been stated above, you need to state the exact ammunition used. What you or your LGS thinks is high quality ammo may be under powered.

I think it shows very poor form to disrespect Les on a public forum until you call him and try to work the problem out. Would any pro like a bashing when they have had Just one look at it? No. Les isn't going to shoot a pistol 50 times to see if has a double feed!!! You should pay for the ammo that you require to test your pistol above normal testing ammunition.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 PM
barmandr barmandr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 617
Any update on this?
__________________
I got a gun for my wife...it was a fair trade.

I carry a gun because a cop won't fit in my pocket.

COTEP #CBOB0505
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-12-2012, 09:24 PM
PantherCadet PantherCadet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Behind you
Posts: 332
I don't know anything about this specific situation, but I must confirm that it is quite possible. During recoil the first round shakes loose of the magazine, while the second round is stripped by the slide going forward, as it should, and tries to chamber only to strike the already-chambered round. Like a poster said on the first page, it's an inertia-caused double feed. It has happened to me a couple of times, and I actually came upon this thread doing a search on the subject.
__________________
Entre ávidos y logreros/Su lema fue '¡Por la patria!'/Como siempre hay desertores/Vos dijiste:/'Es la cáscara que se va,/El cerno queda'/E hiciste punta en la marcha
Washington Benavides
Freesteader
Con Libertad, my new Spanish-language RKBA blog
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:22 PM
BassSlinger BassSlinger is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
So did the OP end up sending it back again? I also find it real hard to believe that Les would mistreat one of his customers.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved