1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > STI/SVI

Old 06-18-2012, 12:44 AM

STI Lawman 5; who's got one and how is it?

This is my first post, so hello. I'm pondering my first 1911 purchase and the Lawman has interested me. I was curious about your opinions and experiences with this piece.

Thanks,

Aaron-
Old 06-18-2012, 02:07 AM

Im really happy with mine. I've never had a single jam or malfunction in about 4 years of owning it. Probably only about 2-2500 rounds through it, but I love this pistol. In my opinion, it's a significant step-up from the pistols just below it in price.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:52 AM

It doesn't seem like there are many lawman owners out there. I went back, searching for threads, and found many that had not been replied too. Thank you for posting your thoughts here. I'll consider myself lucky. I think the finish is what appealed to me the most followed by the non-ambi safety. How does the gun group?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 AM

Have 2. One is an older model, The other is the newer Lawman 5. Both 45 ACP. Operate flawlessly, and, accurate. My intent is to hard chrome one. Otherwise both stock except for addition of VZ grips.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM

I think more people go for the Trojan or something similar because they can't see why the lawman is more expensive than those right below it. But, if you look at the materials used and overall quality, it's easy to justify the price.

The lawman is an excellent purchase.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 PM

I have the little brother, the lawman 3.0 in 9mm. So far I have loved it and it has become my EDC. Last week it started to double on me and so I sent it back to STI to have them look at it. I expect it back in 2-3 weeks.

I am waiting to see a Lawman 3.0 in 45 and a Lawman 4.0, also in 45. I'll probably pick up both of them assuming I have enough egg money.

I am a big STI fan and have been happy with all four that I have here.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 PM

I have the Lawman 5.0, I have been shooting IDPA with it and it is the best 1911 I have ever owned, I like it better then my Trojan which my son now shoots, it is well worth the money.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:33 AM

How are the STI mags? I'm leaning hard towards the STI Lawman 5.0 in .45 ACP. Just wondering how the mags are.

This unit has all the features I'm looking for in a non frills package. Good to hear you guys are happy with them.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:30 AM

No issues with the STI supplied mag. Have added a couple of Tripp Cobras which also function flawlessy.

My Lawman (men) in 45 ACP are my favorite STIs. Have two 9mm Sentrys which are similar in that they also have forged frames but different as respects sights and cosmetics. For some reason I am more accurate - to the extent I am accurate - with the 45ACP.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:48 PM

I got my Lawman 5.0 a couple weeks ago and have put 500 rounds through it with no issues. The first weekend I had it I shot some new reloads and using my go-to match load I was able to keep eight shots in a three inch dot at fifteen yards on a one second shot cadence. I was floored to say the least. I bought it to replace my Springfield for Single Stack in USPSA and can say it was a smart decision. The supplied mag works like it should but I'll keep using my Wilson's...
Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 PM

Put a Lawman 5.0 in .45 on order today. I think I got the last one in the country. Ordered it from Oak Hill in PA.

Looking forward to getting my hands on it. I'll let you all know how it acts.