1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 06-17-2012, 10:12 PM

Help with GSG and Sig 1911 22LR.

Help with GSG and Sig 1911 22LR. Anyone having this problem? I am having trouble about 5% of the time with Both the GSG 1911 22LRand Sig 1911 22LR. I guess you would call it FTF. I am using the Blazer value pack. No problem ejecting the brass. I think it is denting the round. See pics

Thanks

Last edited by dlgunn1; 06-17-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:18 PM

Mine won't run bulk pack anything except the CCI AR ammo. With that being said make sure your guns are well lubed and try another ammo like CCI mini mags and see if the issue continues.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:29 PM

I have a gsg 22 and it shoots anything i bought 5000 rounds of surplus rem 22 standard and never a problem
Old 06-18-2012, 05:22 AM

If it is doing that on the first round, then don't "slam" your magazine in. Sometimes if I slam mine in a little too fast that first round pops up a bit too high and gets jammed.

"I Miss America"
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
If it is doing that on the first round, then don't "slam" your magazine in. Sometimes if I slam mine in a little too fast that first round pops up a bit too high and gets jammed.
It is not normally the first round. Just sort of random.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM

How many rounds do you have through the gun? Sometimes they do take a little break in period to wear the finish off of binding areas. As stated about try different ammos...like many .22's they can be ammo finicky.

Branden
www.gsgpro.com
Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 PM

I took mine to the range yesterday and it would do the same thing with the blazer bulk.I'd get alot of failure to feeds and double feeds as well as stovetops. I run remington bulk through it with no problems but it sure doesn't like blazer.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 PM

Mine likes CCI mini mag, remington target, and bulk, but doesnt seem to like winchester bulk, or federal. Maybe after a few more rounds Ill try again.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:05 PM

Thanks guys for the replies. Cleaned and greased them again and headed to the range (back Yard) after lunch. The GSG did much better w/ the blazer with 1 FTF for 50 rounds. The Sig had 2 FTF w/ the blazer for 50 rounds. Also tried Federal and Winchester with much poorer results. Did not really keep track. The Winchester would occasionally eject the round and not feed a new one into the barrel with the action closed. The GSG round count is 300 to 400 the Sig is 150 to 200 maybe. I noticed that the Sig has a solid guide rod where the GSG has almost a cross or x cross section guide rod. I guess the Sig has a better guide rod? Defiantly looks stronger.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 PM

Try to shoot a couple hundred rounds of CCI mini mag to help break your guns in, then the Blazer should work fine. Also if you're looking for a better guide rod for your GSG check, http://www.cwaccessories.com/

Don't hate, Operate!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvswild View Post
Try to shoot a couple hundred rounds of CCI mini mag to help break your guns in, then the Blazer should work fine. Also if you're looking for a better guide rod for your GSG check, http://www.cwaccessories.com/
Thanks i will try that. Have you tried the guide rod and did it help improve accuracy?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 PM

I have the gsgpro.com guide rod and spring, and it does seem to help tighten my grouping.

"I Miss America"
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
+1 broke in my gsg on 400rds of cci mini mags then went to cci standard except for dud and light loads it runs great, done around 5k even use cci subsonics with only 2 fail to load out of 100 rds, with those pic it mite be ur mag follower with it at a high angle? Do u have more than one mag? Can take a pic with a rd in it to check the feed angle ? As in rds in mag and inserted but the slide locked back ?
Cheers

Last edited by Rippid; 06-18-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgunn1 View Post
Thanks i will try that. Have you tried the guide rod and did it help improve accuracy?
I would check out ZR Tactical Solutions. I put their slide alignment cone (SAC) on my GSG and it helped improve my accuracy. www.zrtacticalsolutions.com
Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I have the stainless guide rod and I say it's made a slight improvement due to it's longer length. CWA has the new performance enhancing package that includes a stainless bushing and guide rod plug that paired with the stainless guide rod would probably provide a reasonable amount of improvement. I'm considering getting the bushing and plug for mine.

Don't hate, Operate!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I have the stainless guide rod and I say it's made a slight improvement due to it's longer length. CWA has the new performance enhancing package that includes a stainless bushing and guide rod plug that paired with the stainless guide rod would probably provide a reasonable amount of improvement. I'm considering getting the bushing and plug for mine.
I have the CWA performance enhancing package and it made a huge improvement...
Old 06-30-2012, 10:21 AM

My GSG and U/ Colt both prefer copper jacketed rounds..

"Those who live by the sword...
Are generally shot by those who do not..."
Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 AM

Both the GSG and Sig are doing much better. Just needed shooting. Thanks for all the replys.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Both the GSG and Sig are doing much better. Just needed shooting. Thanks for all the replys.
Yea, it is the "just needs shooting" that never seems to end............................................... .................................................. .......................Ain't that great!!

"I Miss America"