1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Ed Brown

Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Ed Brown in Eastern NC

I'm looking for an EB Carry, probably Executive Carry. I want to at least hold one before I consider ordering one. I can't find any EB's in any LGS. Any ideas or help?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 AM

You don't need to hold one....just do it! That's what sold me...I held one! I was not even in the market for a 1911. Few weeks later I went and bought it.

Good luck.....but you won't be disappointed~
Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 AM

How far are you from Saltville, Va.? Jerry Hammond is a member and is here frequently here on the Brown subforum. He is a Brown dealer and may have something you could drive to and handle first hand. Just look for him as Hammond on here and PM him. Good luck!

Sincerely,

PastorDW
Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 AM

I agree with the above two posts.

1) Dont worry about putting one in your hand, you will not be disspointed whatsoever. (Caveat - I am from the same school that I would want to hold one first. However I never had the chance before I purchased my first, an EC. Absolutely LOVE it and is the best feeling Brown IMHO - I took the leap. I did have a buddy that received an SF, so I was able to hold that before my SF purchase - love that too. However, I considered the Kobra along the way, and finally found a guy at a LGS who had one, and he let me hold it - it was NOT for me - glad I had the chance actually) So my story moral here is, I do understand what you are wanting, but at the sametime - taking this leap of faith is not so bad. Besides if you want to feel similar treatments, then Kimber has some models that are "close", I think the Brown's will only "feel better" - again IMHO.

2) If you even remotely close to Saltville - I would jump on that idea without hesitation. He will have access to a various models, and... he IS THE guy I would order from. Win-Win on that idea.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:28 PM

Thanks for the help. I had seen great posts about and from Jerry Hammond. I'll probably give him a call. As an aside, I've monitored this forum for a while and it is great. Thanks again.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcayton View Post
Thanks for the help. I had seen great posts about and from Jerry Hammond. I'll probably give him a call. As an aside, I've monitored this forum for a while and it is great. Thanks again.
Well, we are glad to have you db. I hope you get that EB real soon. Please know I am not knocking any other dealers by praising Jerry or George at Gunslingers. I know there are other fine dealers out there, it's just that I have had personal dealings with both of these guys and I have learned their character. Jerry will treat you great.

Not to be too longwinded (you know how we preachers can be ) but after some months of Jerry and I becoming friends on the forum he drove all the way from where he lives in Va. to meet my wife and I while we were on vacation in Gatlinburg, Tn. He paid for our meal in a very nice restaurant and we had a great time with him and Faapod, another fine forum member and his lovely wife. With Jerry Hammond, what you see is what you get. Even if you don't choose to buy from him he will befriend you for life. He is the real deal.

Sincerely,

PastorDW
Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Banned

try coastial guns, myrtle beach,sc.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Twelve days ago I purchased my Executive Carry. All I can say is that I really like this gun.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 PM

I never laid my hands on a Special Forces chainlink before I bought one. I had held a Nighhawk Heinie which is similar in grip treatment. Bottom line, you won't be disappointed. If you like 1911's and are fine with checkering as a strap treatment, you'll be happier than the proverbial pig.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacbaer View Post
try coastial guns, myrtle beach,sc.
Coastal Sports has maybe 1 Baer, 2 Wilsons, and 1 Brown. All have been in the cabinet for years. They have an Executive Carry in Gen III that's been there forever.
They are EXTREMELY high in price for everything they sell. I priced that EC one day before buying from Hammond and they wanted about $400 over list price for it (it was bone stock). They wouldn't come off that price at all.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 AM

I am in the Raleigh/Durham area all the time, may just drop by with one to show you.

Better yet, use it as an expense to write off our Beach Trip!

www.hammondgunandtackle.com
Old 06-14-2012, 05:48 PM

Sounds good to me.