Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > The Armed Citizen

Old 06-01-2012, 12:45 AM

One less bad guy in Huntsville, AL

http://whnt.com/2012/05/31/clerk-kil...home_multiline
Old 06-01-2012, 07:51 AM

Old 06-01-2012, 12:35 PM

So I guess this means.

That we fly the flag at half mast for a while.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:01 PM

outstanding!

now while the clerk didnt break any laws, because of most gas station company policies he will have a tough time trying to find another low paying no benefits gas station clerk job.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:15 PM

Another one bites the dust. Hooray for the armed citizen. He gets to go home to his family tonight.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:20 PM

Kudos to the clerk for standing up to this career criminal. It's never a nice thing when someone dies or is killed. However, with the economy what it is nowadays coupled with the slap on the wrists that most felons receive, we will be seeing more of these events in the near future.

And hopefully more of the "good guys" will prevail in the end.

Stay safe everyone.

Fin
Old 06-01-2012, 05:04 PM

Somebody here always says it-

Play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

You guys may or may not remember a while back I posted about carrying to work (also a retail setting) and if I should get something in writing about CC and if the "no firearm" rules applied. The new handbook came out last week. It now states "no unauthorized firearms".

I'm carrying it, screw them. My Sheriff says I'm authorized. I got it in writing right here in my wallet.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_L View Post

You guys may or may not remember a while back I posted about carrying to work (also a retail setting) and if I should get something in writing about CC and if the "no firearm" rules applied. The new handbook came out last week. It now states "no unauthorized firearms".

I'm carrying it, screw them. My Sheriff says I'm authorized. I got it in writing right here in my wallet.
I don't blame you. It seems employers like that are more than willing to risk your life while they write policy from their office.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_L View Post

i wont say it was me, but i say that a hell of lot when i read news clippings like this.

dont know why i didnt this time.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:54 AM

Robbery out this way a while back...

Clerk did EXACTLY what the bad guy told him (open register, step back, etc.) and still got shot (blasted his spine) anyway...

Shame the store's policy is that employees (even ones with permits) are not allowed to be armed.

The wussification of America continues....

Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 AM

i dont know why a store clerk who can legally carry concealed doesnt. i mean whats the consequences with the boss? concealed is concealed. and if discovered (somehow) its not like you cant find another minimum wage, no benefits gas station job, working night shift.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Kudos to the clerk, but did anyone catch the second video with the clip of the Sergeant speaking?

I'm paraphrasing but basically he said, "Just comply with the bad guy don't resist... no property is worth a life - we don't encourage you to be armed"

How the heck is the clerk, or anyone for that matter, supposed to know the true intention or mindset of someone with a deadly weapon threatening you?

So, instead of giving the clerk a pat on the back for taking a dangerous thug of the street and potentially saving a future death at the hand of this criminal, they spit in his eye with this crap message.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanc View Post
Kudos to the clerk, but did anyone catch the second video with the clip of the Sergeant speaking?

I'm paraphrasing but basically he said, "Just comply with the bad guy don't resist... no property is worth a life - we don't encourage you to be armed"

How the heck is the clerk, or anyone for that matter, supposed to know the true intention or mindset of someone with a deadly weapon threatening you?

So, instead of giving the clerk a pat on the back for taking a dangerous thug of the street and potentially saving a future death at the hand of this criminal, they spit in his eye with this crap message.
most of the time the police are the last ones to ask about protecting yourself. the ranks and brass are filled with many hand wringers and nancies.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 AM

I have a friend who works at Academy and they also have a "no armed employees" policy as well, if this even surprises anyone.

The wussification does continue.

I'm glad this guy didn't comply with the criminal and gave him what he really deserved.

And the sheriff saying comply... Seriously? All that does is encourage this kind of behavior to continue. There's only one way to stop it.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanc View Post

I think that the Officer is just saying what he is "supposed" to say in these incidents. You know, political correctness has infected every aspect of our society. The reporter in the first clip stated that many cases were probably solved by this shooting, cases that have been happening almost nightly for some time. This is a guy who was out of control and eventually he would have taken an innocent life or lives. So, kudos to the clerk and you just have to ignore the official response because I can't imagine he would have the same response if it was his child working in that convenience store.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 PM

Great!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 AM

Re: Political Correctness....

I've always like the Aggie definition;

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Keeping That In Mind, It Is "WE THE PEOPLE, not You The Government".