1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Caspian Arms

Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 PM

Caspian Recon

OK, decided to take a plunge into the deep end of the pool and build my firest 1911. Been reading and watching videos and i am sure i have NOT gain as much knowledge as i should have to tackle a project like this but i beleive there is a saying "live and learn" so why not.

I have ordered a recon ss frame and slide from Caspian and just started to order all the bits and piece i will need to complet the build once the frame and slide arrives.

Here are a couple of questions i have:

-Will the recon reciever take a regular MSH or is there a special (longer) MSH that will better fit the longer receiver?

- I bought a Ed Brown thumb safety and messing around with it, i put it on my kimber and for some reason it will not drop into place unless i take the hammer out then it will otherwise it will not, wondering if this is one of the pieces that might have be fitted. I have also tried the mag release and slide release and they both work perfect, actually thinking of replaceing the originals since these have a mucht tighter fit then stock.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

J
Old 05-29-2012, 03:27 PM

Unless u got the race ready recon, which comes with the proper msh, a standard msh will fit. As far as your thumb safety, a lot of the small parts you buy for a build will require fitting. As for the TS you need to have a solid understanding of how it works and how to fit and safety test it when u r done. A safety that fits one 1911 does not mean it will safely fit another.

Most if not all the information you will need can be found on this forum.

Semper Fi
1*
Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 PM

For someone interested..On Glock Talk forum...someone is trying to sell a Caspian recon frame a slide..frame had plunger tube installed and front strap checkering..he has the barrel (45) and different pieces for the frame new in packageing..he is asking $600.00 shipped for everything...thought someone might be interested...seems like a pretty good deal
Old 05-30-2012, 07:49 AM

OK, so how do i know is the right msh for the recon race. Who has them if you dont mind asking because i looked in Ed Brown, Wilson C&S and didnt find anything for this receiver. Sorry, i know this is very dumb but i am trying to get the right parts the first time around which i know it might not.
Thanks for the advice again.
I will have to check out that sell in glock talk.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:36 AM

If you have the recon frame, it will use any standard 1911 MSH.

If you have the race ready recon frame, it comes with the correct MSH. AFAIK the Caspian MSH is the only one to use.

USPSA A-27738

Allan
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM

Thanks for this, yes, i had to go back to the invoice and verify, it does come with msh.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 AM

i am currently on the hi cap version of this build. any msh will fit and operate just fine however, it be short. as far as other parts, it will take fitting like all 1911 builds. if you buy all caspian parts, fitting will be minimun in comparison.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:39 PM

Note. If you are going to use the high cap frames or the race ready magwell frames you will need the supplied main spring housing. Not the same one that one would use on a standard 1911 style frame. The integral magwell on both frame's change the way it works.

SuperComp9 `;}~
7 Para's - 5 Sti's - 4 Colt's - 3 Caspian's - 1 Enterprise arms
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

That is correct.
The mainspring housing comes with the frame and is included in the price. You get to choose arched or flat. The mainspring housing is extended and become part of the mag-well