1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Gunsmithing & Troubleshooting

Old 05-29-2012, 02:28 PM

Feeding issues!

I have recently acquired a Springfield 1911 V10 ultra compact and am having so issues with feeding some ball ammo and all hp's. I have polishe the feed ramp and just below in magwell and has fixed most of my issues but i still cant fire more than 1 hp from a mag. I am new the 1911 game and need some help!
also the pistol tends to stovepipe the last shell of the mag, i think the extracor is done for and have ordered a new one. Any sugestions other than getting rid pistol (as i love it) will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Feeding Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longnose View Post
I have recently acquired a Springfield 1911 V10 ultra compact and am having so issues with feeding some ball ammo and all hp's. I have polishe the feed ramp and just below in magwell and has fixed most of my issues but i still cant fire more than 1 hp from a mag. I am new the 1911 game and need some help!
also the pistol tends to stovepipe the last shell of the mag, i think the extracor is done for and have ordered a new one. Any sugestions other than getting rid pistol (as i love it) will be greatly appreciated.
Polishing the feedramp is generally overrated. IMHO, magazines are more often the culprit, particularly if it won't feed hardball.

Stovepipes on the last round often indicate insufficient extractor tension. Adjusting it isn't difficult.
Distinguished Pistol Shot #1157
Distinguished Revolver #75
Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVTMODEL View Post
Polishing the feedramp is generally overrated. IMHO, magazines are more often the culprit, particularly if it won't feed hardball.

Stovepipes on the last round often indicate insufficient extractor tension. Adjusting it isn't difficult.
i am using factory mags and wilson mags and ball ammo feeds fine now just not hp's and where can i find info on extractor?Also where in rhody do you hail? i grew up in warwick
Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM

1911 Auto Extractor Adjustment

See http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=1...tor-Adjustment
Distinguished Pistol Shot #1157
Distinguished Revolver #75
Old 05-29-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVTMODEL View Post
thanks for info and the extractor seems to be my issue. i will attempt to tighten it this evening and hopefully i can figure this out and get my money back for new one i ordered