1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Chat & Game Schedule

Old 04-24-2012, 01:44 PM

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

So as a pre-order perk, I got into the multiplayer Beta for this game. Anybody else on here and there? I also have another code to get in if anybody wants it.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:17 PM

I'm monkeying with it. Are you PS3 or XBox?

-Herschel Krustofski
Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 PM

XBox. What did ya think of it?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:27 AM

Ah, PS3.

It's promising. There are always annoyances and fun bits with online shooters, though it did, strangely enough, make me excited for co-op and single player. Having come from BF3, which was the opposite, that's a bit of a shock.

Mostly, the disappointing thing was that, no matter what they do to make team play easier, people still don't do it. Nobody uses a mic, and when a clan does arrive and actually play the game like it's supposed to be played, you and your pick up group just get slaughtered.

Solution? Get more friends! (I already ordered it, so I'm stuck.)

-Herschel Krustofski
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM

I feel ya there. What did you think of the gunsmith?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:40 PM

I liked Gunsmith a lot. All of the addons more or less made sense, which is saying something considering how many totally bizarre things I've seen in milsim shooters that advertise themselves as having some realism. If anything, I found it to be a little bit too fine, and a touch redundant, but naturally some of the appeal is just about having a chance to tinker and feel a little different from the herd, so I'm fine with it.

What about you? Thoughts in general?

-Herschel Krustofski
Old 05-10-2012, 09:33 PM

I love the concept of gunsmith a lot. I've been waiting for something that precise for a long time. But i'm the tinkering type lol. As far as game basics, I've fallen in love there as well. If you can ever get an actual team together, you're set. You can hold it on your own if your carefull, but you really need a team. Hopefully the main campaign is up to par with the rest.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:53 AM

I'm excited for the campaign as well. The stealth aspects of it appeal to me a lot. Also, my buddy and I used to play the original Ghost Recon cooperatively, and those were some of our best nerd poker nights. To get some semblance of that back would be a big thrill.

-Herschel Krustofski
Old 05-26-2012, 06:16 AM

That it was apparently thieved three a few several weeks before the developed release.

Also, while I hurry out laughing when I saw this range, I'd like to ask for a source on this.The problem isn't so much "Piracy is only on PC!", moreso that piracy is extremely more widespread and quickly "trackable" on the PC.

=============================

online free games
Old 05-26-2012, 06:47 PM

I bought this game the other day and its a fun game. So far i have only played the campaign but thats why i bought it. I love how stealthy you have to be in most of the missions. The chameleon camo is pretty sweet and fun to play with.

I have never liked third person shooters but i wanted a break from COD so i picked this up
Old 05-28-2012, 07:27 AM

Might anyone have an extra code for the M14/AK47...
Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 PM

Omg i love this games campaign
Old 06-02-2012, 05:57 PM

I'm only 3 missions in, but so far yeah, I think it's got excellent potential.

-Herschel Krustofski
Old 06-02-2012, 06:24 PM

you'll get a little angry at Firefly rain...i you tubed that mission to figure out what i was supposed to do
Old 06-02-2012, 07:24 PM

Good to know. I tend to do the missions first with at least one co-op buddy, then do it alone for perfectionism. So maybe the bunch of us can grok it.

-Herschel Krustofski
Old 06-02-2012, 08:28 PM

wish i had someone to troll through it with me, but the automated squad they give you actually are pretty good. You gotta direct them sometimes but they are good
Old 06-03-2012, 03:54 PM

They are pretty good... except when that idiot Pepper kept getting stuck crawling endlessly into a wall on Tempest. Had to reload from checkpoint half a dozen times before I finally got them herded through the corridors.

-Herschel Krustofski
Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 PM

yea there was one time that the last guy wouln't show up to breach a door so i had to reload but other than that nothin
Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 AM

I'm playing the campaign right now.
-A man without force is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; but even this it cannot due for long if signs of power due not arise